About Bloody Time

"Harry Potter, are you asking what I think you're asking?"

y/n pov

The next few weeks were hard. I couldn't sleep for a few days, then all I could do was sleep. 

Harry and I snuck into the common room every night just to talk. It was how we coped. 

The entire school was effected by Cedric's death. Everyone moped around the halls and didn't make an effort to misbehave or pull pranks.

Even Draco and his goons turned down the bullying and kept their heads down during class.

It picked up after a while. Students began to leave the greiving stage and return back to they're normal selves as the school year ended.

Today was the last day of the year. Also the day of Cedric's memorial. We all walked into the great hall. 

Students held candles, flowers, pictures, but mostly they hung onto the memories.

We all took our seats in silence as Dumbledore walked up to the podium.

"Today, we acknowledge....a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptinoally hard working, infinitely fair minded, and most importantly....a fierce, fierce friend."

I felt tears form in my eyes as I remebered how we became friends.

"y/n!" I heard someone call. We all turned around to see Cedric jogging up to us. "Hey." he said slightly out of breath. "I need to talk to y/n."

"Why?"

"Just come on." He grabbed my hand and dragged me after him.

"I'll meet up with you all later!" I yelled back at Hermione, Harry, and Ron. Cedric brought me to an empty couch in the library and we sat down.

"Ok, dragged me all the way here congratulations. Whats up?" I asked.

He shrugged "I don't know, I just wanted to hang out with you."

I laughed "Well you could have just asked."

"But isn't this way more fun?" He grinned.

I thought for a miniute before giving up and nodding. "Are you going to enter the tournament?" I asked.

"My dad wants me to and all my friends are encouraging me to, but I don't know If I want to." He answered.

"Why not?"

"The chance of death." He joked, but there was a chance of death if you entered. "Do you think I should?"

"I think you should do what makes you happy, although I have to admit I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing one of my friends go through a series of life threatning challenges."