First Task

"Please don't die

"Please don't die."

y/n pov

I was walking down to the stands where the first tournament was being held with Hermione and Ron. 

Though Ron and Harry are fighting, I know Ron still wants to make sure he doesn't get bloodied up too bad.

"Bets! Place them here!" Fred and George yelled. I rolled my eyes at the fact they turned a life or death situation into profit.

We walked down to the entrance of the stands and were about to go find seats when my favorite Hufflepuff caught my eye. 

"You guys go on. I want to say good luck to Harry and Cedric." I said as I waved Hermione and Ron off.

I slowly crept up behind Cedric, careful not to make any noise.

"Boo!" I yelled as I jumped on his back. 

"Hi y/n." He beamed.

"Exited?"

"Nervous." I climbed off his back and pulled him into a hug. "You'll do great." I said into his shoulder. 

We pulled away and he tapped his cheek. "A little token for my impending success?"

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "I'm going to go say good luck to Harry. D'you know where he is?"

"Yeah. Champions tent, this way." Cedric led me to a a beige tent and I peeked inside. It was a pretty large room with 4 seprate areas for each chamption to wait. 

I smiled when I saw Harry and I ran up to him. "Hey y/n-" I cut him off with a hug, He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back tight. 

"Please don't die." I said.

"I won't. I promise."

*FLASH*

We pulled apart quickly to see that awful beetle of a woman, Rita Skeeter standing in front of us.

"Young love. Oh how stirring!" She said walking further into the tent. "If everything goes....unfourtnately today, you might make the front page."

I sent her a glare.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends. You are neither." Krum said from behind her.

"No matter." She glanced towards Harry and I. "I've got what I wanted." She exited the tent in a rather rude manner.

"I hate her." I said. Everyone in the tent nodded their heads in agreement. I gave Cedric and Harry last good luck hugs, met Fleur and wished her best of luck, and thanked Krum before exiting the tent to go find Hermione and Ron.

I found my seat next to them and waited for the task to start. Hermione filled me in. They had to grab an egg and go. Easy right?

First up was Cedric with a Green Welsh. He transfigured a dog to distract the dragon which worked for a while. He grabbed the egg then dodged its fire and barely made it to the finish line without being burnt to shreds. I held Ron's arm the entire time, which he didn't appreciate because I apparently have a tight grip.