Questions and Unwanted Answers

"Will you be his godfather?"

harry pov

I woke up in to the sun shining in on my face through the stain glass shell cottage window.

After Dobby's funeral yesterday, we started temporarily staying at Bill and Fleur's house.

I looked to the side of me to see y/n still asleep. I decided it was best not to wake her. She needs to rest after what Bellatrix did to her yesterday and Dobby's death.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Harry!" A familar voice exclaimed as the door to our room swung open. Moony quickly covered his eyes and looked away from the bed. "Sorry, I didn't know you were busy."

He was reffering to the fact I was lying in bed with y/n, shirtless. 

"Oh, no. You're fine. What are you doing here?" I asked as I put on my glasses and threw on a flannel shirt from off the floor.

"I have big news." He grinned as he nodded his head towards the hallway. 

I quietly got up and followed him into the hall where had pulled a picture out of his pocket. "Meet Edward Remus Lupin, or as we call him, Teddy."

I looked down at the picture of the small baby with bright blue hair.

"He gets the color changing hair from his mum."

I looked back up at Moony, now smiling myself.

"Congratulations!" I beamed. "You're going to be a great dad. You have been to me."

"Thank you, Harry, really. I also have a rather important question to ask of you."

"Anything."

"Will you be his godfather?"

I was shocked at his words. I didn't know he'd trust me with the life of his son were he to.....well die.

"Really? I'd be honored."

"And of course y/n as his godmother?"

"She'll probably be up soon. You can-"

"I don't mean to interrupt but I have to get back to Dora. I promised I'd be home half an hour ago. I just wanted to see you while I was out." He cut off. "Will you ask her for me?"

"Of course."

He smiled lightly before enfulging me in a long hug. He ruffled my hair when we pulled away and handed me the picture.

"I want you to keep it."

"I'll take good care of it. Thanks, uncle Moony."

He grew an even bigger smile at my words. Sirius once told me how my dad wanted me to call them Uncle Moony and Uncle Padfoot. How could I not?