Ron's Return

"You complete arse, Ronald Weasley!"

y/n pov

I leaned on Hermione's shoulder as I looked out at the frosted lake. She read a book aloud to the two of us. 

It was moments like these I wish would never end. 

The calm before the storm kind. The ones that remind you of your childhood when you spent all your time playing outside and licking ice cream off the side of the cone. 

The kind where you don't know what the future holds but it doesn't matter.

Harry came out of the tent and looked out at the view.

"Wow." He said under his breath. 

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

The snake had bloodied him up pretty bad. Twisted his ankle and left a nasty cut across his torso. Hermione fixed him up to the best of her abilitys before it got too bad.

"Much. You've outdone yourself this time, Hermione." He complimented, reffering to our location.

After I apparated us back to the graveyard, Hermione brought us to a beautiful forest. The sun shone through the trees, melting the ice on the lake, and a light layer of snow covered everything in sight.

"The forest of Dean. I came here once with mum and dad, years ago. It's just how I remeber it. The trees, the river, everything. Like nothing's changed." Hermione's expression fell as she said the last part. "Not true, of course. Everything's changed. If I brought my parents back here now, they probably wouldn't recognize any of it. Not the trees, not the river, not even me."

"They will one day. After all this is over. The Ministry will help you get their memories back and it will go back to the way it was." I assured.

She seemed to appreciate my words, even if none of it is for sure.

"Harry, you wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. I know. Gellart Grindewald." She said as she pulled out a book from a bag sitting beside us and handed it to Harry. 

He flipped it open to a marked page and read it over carefully.

"He's the theif I saw in Gregovitch's wand shop. Speaking of which, where is my wand?" 

Hermione and I shared a 'you tell him' glance.

"Where's my wand?" Harry repeated, worry filling his words.

"I'll tell him." I sighed as I sat up. I grabbed the bag Hermione had a moment ago. I slowly pulled out what was left of Harry's wand. 

"As were were leaving Godric's Hollow, one of us cast a curse and it rebounded. I'm sorry."

Harry looked down at his broken wand.

"I tried to mend it, but wands are different." Hermione said sadly.