Firsts

"I really want to kiss you right now but we're supposed to be arguing

"I really want to kiss you right now but we're supposed to be arguing."

harry pov

I slowly walked towards the mirror of erised. Inside it, I saw my 11 year old self standing with my parents.

A sight I hadn't seen in a while.

Snape came up behind all of us. "Feeling sentimental?"

I was snapped back to reality. Occulemency training more specifically. 

"That's private." 

"Not to me. And not to the Dark Lord, if you don't improve." Snape moved towards me. "Every memory he has access to is a weapon he can use against you. You won't last two seconds if he invades your mind."

I stayed quiet.

Snape scoffed. "You're just like your father: lazy, arrogant-"

"Don't say a word about my father." I snapped. 

"Weak."

"I'm not weak!"

"Then prove it. Control your emotions. Discipline your mind. "Snape raised his wand to me. "Legilimens!"

Memory's of Sirius, the Order, my parents, y/n, all flashed through my head. Those seemed to be the things I had the hardest time blocking him from.

Snape began to chuckle. "I may vomit."

"Stop it."

"Is this what you call control?"

"We've been at this for hours. If I could just rest!" I tried to reason.

"The Dark Lord isn't resting. You and Black, you're two of a kind. Sentimental children forever whining about how bitterly unfair your lives have been. Well, it may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair. Your blessed father knew that. In fact, he frequently saw to it." Snape snapped.

"My father was a great man!"

"Your father was a swine."

Snape raised his wand to me and I did the same.

"Legim-"

"Protego!" I cut him off.

I felt a spinning as I entered his mind. Like a key entering a lock.

The next thing I knew I was outside. The castle was in view. A boy, Snape I think, was sitting against a tree reading.

"Come on, Moony, Padfoot!" A voice was heard. A few Gryffindor boys came walking up the hill.

My dad.

"Expelliarmus!" He yelled with his wand towards Snape.

Snape quickly got up, left with nothing to defend himself.