💮 Chapter 34: I want her to hug me again

Uncle Xu knocked on the door hoping to get a response. He opened the door with worry rushing into the room.

"Sir! Sir, how are you...so..."

Xu Shu thought that Wen Niannan couldn't respond to him because he collapsed, but when he went inside, he saw him sitting on one side of the bed, holding something in his hand.

"Sir, what is it?"

Wen Niannan showed the picture in his hand to Uncle Xu, showing a childlike smile: "Does it look good?"

"What?" Xu Uncle was taken by surprise, he asked with a confused expression.

He looked at the photo in Wen Niannan's hand. In the photo, the woman's exquisite and beautiful facial features were stunning, she was sitting in front of the piano gently holding a little boy in her arms and smiling adoringly.

She was Wen Niannan's mother, Ye Xian, a genius pianist famous overseas.

"Don't you think my mother looks beautiful?"

Xu Shu quickly agreed: "She looks beautiful, sir's mother is naturally radiant."

Wen Niannan brushed delicately the image of his mother on the photo, he fell into his memories and muttered to himself: "When I was a child I didn't like playing the piano, but my mother always taught me patiently. She would often tell me about the prizes she had won in competitions and places she had visited. She told me that she received a piano on her 18th birthday, it had accompanied her since then. She played with that piano countless times..."

Wen Niannan's voice cracked a little, and his tears fell on the photo, he carefully wiped them away.

"But... My memory of her is a bit vague, but I still remember the way she held me and the way she taught me to play the piano."

"I miss her...I want her to hug me close again..."

A sorrowful cry could be heard in the room. The man who was able to face the mockery and the disdain of countless people was now reduced to a little boy who was crying remembering his mother.

Everyone in the Gu Group felt the dense atmosphere in the company during those days. It was all because of the terrifying mood of President Gu, the people were frightened, so they did their best to avoid him. Only when Shen Luoan arrived at noon he was able to relax.

"Yansheng, what do you want me to give you for your birthday?" Shen Luoan asked while sitting aside eating a snack.

Gu Yansheng replied distracted: "I will like anything that comes from you"

"You have to tell me what you want, otherwise how will I know."

Gu Yansheng was about to say something when the secretary Xiao Li pushed the door walking in. Seeing Shen Luoan on the side, he greeted him with a nod, and then he said: "Mr. Gu."

"What's the matter?" Gu Yansheng sat up straight, picking up the snack on the table and handing it to Shen Luoan.

"Pingle Group’s President Qin would like to invite you to talk about the cooperation. The old lady has already called notifying that you must win this cooperation."

"Pingle Group? Isn’t Yuan Feng taking responsibility for it? Why my mother put me in charge?"

"Well...I don't know, the old lady wants you to lead it."

"Oh, I see."

Wen Niannan went to the hospital several times in the past few days, Dr. Li said that his condition was a little unstable, so he asked him to read some relaxing books.

It was already dark when he got home, he was feeling a little bit in pain because of his stomach. Wen Niannan went upstairs to read a book after grabbing something to eat. Dr. Li recommended him a lot of books that would help to improve his condition, so he bought all of them.

Two lights flashed outside the house, heard the sound of a car in the yard, the hand flipping the page trembled, he didn't want to get up so he pretended to read.

Out of a sudden, a quarrel was going downstairs, Wen Niannan opened the door of his room and walked out. When he just went down the stairs, he felt disconcerted after seeing two people in the living room.

"Why...is he here?"

He looked at the scene with incredulity, he couldn't believe that Gu Yansheng brought Shen Luoan home...