💮 Chapter 36: Room lights

Wen Niannan barely slept that night, he went down the stairs to help Aunt Lan wash and clean the dishes. Not long after he sat down, two people who were upstairs also walked down.

Gu Yansheng looked at Wen Niannan who was eating. His original plan from the night before was to sleep in the study after going to Luoan's room. He got drank and he was now feeling dizzy so he took a cold shower to lessen the feeling.

As he passed the guest room, he saw light coming from the half-open door, Gu Yansheng stopped, perhaps the person inside wasn't asleep or maybe it was because he was afraid of the dark so he turned on the lights, to stay on during the night.

Seeing Gu Yansheng looking at Wen Niannan, Shen Luoan showed some jealousy appeared in his eyes. He purposely shook Gu Yansheng's hand saying: "Yansheng, I didn't sleep well yesterday, I didn't have a good rest. I want to go to your office lounge and get some sleep "

Gu Yansheng didn't hear what he was saying. He thought he was saying that they came from the bar too late and that didn't let him sleep more. He nodded: "Okay, yesterday was hard for you."

With that few words, Wen Niannan's body became stiff, the hands holding the cutleries were shaking, and the food in his mouth was like chewing wax.

Gu Yansheng quickly finished eating, his eyes deliberately or unintentionally looked at the person with his head down and silent. It wasn't until Shen Luoan put down the cutleries in his hands, that Gu Yansheng stood up leaving with Shen Luoan.

After the two left, Wen Niannan also put down the cutlery in his hand.

"This witty person knows how to seduce Mr. Shamelessly, he even dared to bring him home." Aunt Lan couldn't stand it anymore, she said worriedly about Wen Niannan's behavior.

"He's reminding me, reminding me to always know my place. I'm just a person who will be abandoned by him at any time."

If it weren't for a mother who insisted on protecting him, he was afraid that marriage would have ceased to exist so long ago. He didn't have the ability to compete with Gu Yansheng...

"How are the preparations for the birthday banquet?"

"Almost ready, as in previous years, the old lady has already sent someone to organize it, so we don't need to worry about it."

As soon as Gu Yansheng arrived at the company, the receptionist told him that someone was waiting for him in his office, wondering how someone was able to enter his office without being stopped by Xiao Li.

As soon as he opened the door, he saw Zhou Yuanfeng looking at a file while sitting on the chair with his legs stretched on the desk.

"Zhou Yuanfeng, are you trying to usurp the throne? Should I call you President Zhou?"

Zhou Yuanfeng said faintly: "It's almost like that. If you somehow die, your mother might really hand over the company to me."

"Oh, maybe, I remember my mother liked to hug you when you were young, more than his own son."

Since their parents were close friends, they grew up together becoming friends who have known each other since little. Zhou Yuanfeng joined The Gu Group after graduation, he was Gu Yansheng's most trusted right-hand man.

"How long will you stay in China this time?"

"The next week, after your birthday. I will look for some potential companies in China to invest in. I will leave after that." 

"My mother told you?"

"Well, last time. That Pingle Group was chosen by President Lu."

Gu Yansheng leaned on the desk saying with doubt: "What happened to Pingle Group last time? There was nothing unusual about the partnership. How it couldn't be normal? This isn't the style of an elite professional. "

Zhou Yuanfeng raised his brows saying uncomfortably: "That guy has disgusting eyes that make me very uncomfortable. I'm afraid I won't be unable to control him and beat him till sending him to the hospital."

A thought crossed his mind, he quickly said: "He should also come to your birthday banquet the day after tomorrow. You'd better pray that I won't do anything to him on the spot."