💮 Chapter 76: A piano boy under the spotlight

"Hello, I'm happy to meet you." Phil's unskilled Chinese had a distinctive accent, his words were a little unclear.

Wen Niannan was astonished when he heard his words, his nervous hands kept shaking, in a whisper he replied: "I...I like the way you play the piano. Your piano is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard."

"Haha, thank you so much, do you play the piano, too?"

"Well, a little bit, I used to play a lot in a day, I also learned some of your previous songs."

"Used to? You don't play now?". Asked Phil, wondering.

"No...I don't play anymore. I have my reasons for not to play." Said Wen, with sadness in his eyes.

Phil asked nothing more, the staff member, who brought him there, bowed his head saying a few words, turned towards Wen Niannan asking: "Would you like to come and play with my piano, it sounds amazing."

After hearing that, surprised, Wen Niannan subconsciously turned his head to look at Gu Yansheng, Gu Yansheng was folding his arms while leaning to the side, looking at his way intentionally or unintentionally.

"What's the matter?" Phil asked with confusion.

Out of a sudden, Gu Yansheng stood up approaching them, he stood beside Wen Niannan indifferently: "Do it if you want to play."

"I"

***

Phil took Wen Niannan to the piano, telling him to sit down, Wen Niannan sat down carefully, looking back at Gu Yansheng.

Gu Yansheng got up, walking to the rest area opposite the piano he sat down, glancing at the nervous man on the opposite side.

"Try it now, let me hear you," Phil said with a smile while stepping aside, waving his hand to the staff to turn on the light above the piano.

In an instant, the light was turned on, now the piano was illuminated by a golden light, it seemed to be plated with a layer of golden making it exceptionally beautiful.

Wen Niannan tightened his hands, raising lightly his hand, he touched the piano key, pressing it after he exhaled.

His slender fingers fluttered with expertise between the black and white keys, an intoxicating and rich sound came from the piano, all the staff in backstage were amazed, thinking it was Teacher Phil who was playing, they paused, looking curiously, but instead, they saw a young man unknown to them.

The lively rhythm made him immersed in the sound of the piano, gradually the originally cheerful melody became sharp.

When he realized that the song was the most difficult of all Phil had ever known, there was a mind-blowing expression in every single person, that man was actually playing without great effort.

Who was that person? How it was possible that he had such a tremendous talent but he never heard of him?

When he heard the sound of the piano, Gu Yansheng's mind blew; with shock in his eyes, he looked at the person playing the piano in disbelief.

He knew that song, the difficulty wasn't so high, but Wen Niannan could actually play it? When he was in high school, he heard Wen Niannan play the piano several times. It was very ordinary and even the rhythm was a bit disorganized, how abruptly did it become that good...