💮 Chapter 61: The calm before the storm

Please welcome our first (official) MARATHON DAY!!! 

*trumpets* *Triumpanth sound*

Let's start this shit! 

(Sorry for that🤭, I'm really excited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gu Yansheng didn't believe that he had done something bad. For him it was clearly contrary to it, the betrayal was first made by Wen Niannan, so he just only got angry fair and square. Wen Niannan insulted Luoan one more time overstepping the boundaries, so it was a matter of time for him to lose control.

He doubted once more, after hearing Dr. Lin's words, maybe just maybe he went too far this time.

Gu Yansheng shook his head lightly, denied accepting that idea. That idea was just ridiculous, he would never pity the double-faced Wen Niannan.

There was no need to feel sorry for Wen Niannan. Wen Niannan's face was his best weapon and at the same the sharpest blade. Everyone around him was bewildered by that submissive face, he was accustomed to seeking sympathy using that pitiful appearance.

Gu Yansheng flicked the ashes of the cigarette, his mind was wondering about the next day.

His mother would return the following day, and if Wen Niannan wakes up he would pretend to be pitiful and weak. In the past few years, every time something happened, he would secretly tell his mother, and the day after he would receive a call and a reprimand.

Gu Yansheng despised the man behind those tricks, this made him slowly become more and more disgusted with Wen Niannan, the indifference from the beginning turned into cynicism sometime later.

The more he thought the more upset he was, the phone rang a while after, Gu Yansheng pinched out the cigarette in his hand. 

"Hello? Who is it?" He said impatiently, his voice was a little husky because of the smoking.

"Yansheng, it's me."

From the other end of the phone came the soft flirty voice of Shen Luoan: "Yansheng, are you coming back today? I made some of your favorite dishes."

Gu Yansheng's eyes began to shine when he heard the voice, even the tone of his words became gentle: "Good, I'll be there, I'll go tonight."

"Okay, I'll wait for you at home, be careful on the road." 

Looking down at his watch, he rubbed his neck leaving the balcony. he went to the bed contemplating the asleep person for a while before getting up and leaving the room.

"Be quiet. There are still people resting upstairs. There is one over there, and the other is at the top of the stairs."

Uncle Xu was busy downstairs making people repair the lights of the basement. That's when he saw Gu Yansheng walking down holding his jacket, he approached him saying in confusion: "Are you going out, Sir?"

Gu Yansheng looked straight at Uncle Xu with a gloomy face, he slowly said: "Well, I won't come back tonight. Tell Aunt Lan to not prepare the dinner for me."

"But Sir, Master Yuanfeng said...The old lady said that you have to stay at home taking care of your husband, they told me to not let you out, also ordered me to report everything..." Uncle Xu said fast when he saw Gu Yansheng walking towards the door.

The man stopped at the door when he heard that; he turned around looking distant at Uncle Xu, then he said: "Do you work for me or for my mother? Don't think that because you were brought by my mother, I won't dare to fire you, Uncle Xu, know your place! Don't meddle if it isn't your business."

"The old lady..." Xu Uncle tried to say one more time, trying to convince him, but he was interrupted by Gu Yansheng.

"Uncle Xu, don't you think you care too much? I will personally explain to my mother. I will also call Yuan Feng to inform him, will you be satisfied with that?."

"Yes, I won't say anything more." 

Gu Yansheng took his car key and drove away, Uncle Xu's eyes changed momentarily, the shine came back to his eyes moments later. Then he walked toward the basement to check on the reparations of the basement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marathon day

(1/10)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy valentine's day you all!!!

I'm really grateful for all your support, for all your love commenting and voting. Hope you can stay with me till the end!