💮 Chapter 49: He loves you

Aunt Lan made the coffee, taking it upstairs. After knocking on the door, she went inside, putting the coffee on the table, then she turned to leave.

"Wait." A monotonous voice came from behind the computer.

Aunt Lan stopped turning around, she asked with respect: "Sir, would you like something else?"

While looking at the document in his hand, Gu Yansheng took a sip of the coffee, then he asked with disinterest: "Wen Niannan...what is he doing?"

"Sir? Sir has gone to bed. He was very weak after being discharged from the hospital. He only ate some porridge and went back to his room to rest. Will Master go to see him?"

There was some doubt in his mind, did Wen Niannan really accepted the video that easily that he even let it pass? He didn't even question him.

"Don't pay attention to him, he's used on making these pitiful tricks to win the sympathy of others, let him be." 

Aunt Lan thought of a sad Wen Niannan who was eating at the table moments ago, which made her heartache. She was hesitant if she should speak or not.

Aunt Lan was still standing there, doubting. When Gu Yansheng saw the hesitation in her face, he asked: "Do you have something more to say?"

Aunt Lan vacillated one more time but she said: "Sir, I don't know what happened before between you and your spouse that made you so distrustful of him to always misunderstand him, but Sir isn't that kind of person you think, he loves you very much that hopes that at some point you can care about him." 

She left the study, after saying that, Gu Yansheng put down the papers in his hand and for a long time he looked in the direction of the door.

Wen Niannan was lying on the bed in the room without being able to sleep. He was thinking about the video, it was still worrying him.

He was still lying on his bed, not feeling sleepy, so he decided to turn on the computer.

There was a heated discussion on the Internet because at afternoon someone who was claiming to be Gu Yansheng and Shen Luoan high school classmate posted a pretty long article.

In the long article, it was said that Gu Yansheng and Shen Luoan were a couple since high school. They had a very good relationship and were the envy of everyone. Later, Wen Niannan started to meddle between then seducing Gu Yansheng, then he accused Shen Luoan of stealing his music at the campus music competition, the result was the same as now. In the end, he didn't show any evidence, and Shen Luoan decided not to do anything against him.

The more Wen Niannan read through the article, the tighter was the grip of his hands. He stood up pushing the computer away, his body trembling violently, gasping for breath.

It was impossible for others to know so many details. The one who was behind was pulling the strings.

Wen Niannan felt that he was being consumed by the endless sense of despair thinking that Shen Louan and Gu Yansheng were the ones who orchestrated everything.

Why did you have to do this to me...you ruined my high school life and now you're destroying my present life...

The next day when Wen Niannan went downstairs, his eyes were red and swollen, Aunt Lan was troubled, thinking that maybe it was Gu Yansheng's fault.

The table was a little different from the previous meals, there was a lot of food that was easy to digest and good for the stomach. Aunt Lan saw his doubts and replied quickly: "These meals are to nourish the stomach, that's good for you. We have to keep you healthy after that."

Wen Niannan took a few spoonfuls letting the flavor invade his mouth, it was delicious. A faint smile was drawn by the corners of his mouth, he thanked Aunt Lan: "It's delicious, thank you, Aunt Lan."

"Oh, truly? It's the first time that I make these dishes, and sir likes it."

Aunt Lan was telling him about the recipes and curative effects of those dishes. Neither of them noticed that Gu Yansheng was coming down from upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------

Crazy week: Last day

(1/3)