💮 Chapter 75: How does it feel to be covered in mud?

When Uncle Xu looked at Wen Niannan's sadness, he quickly changed the subject saying: "So what's your favorite flower, sir? We plant your favorite flower."

"The flower I like..."

Surprised, he looked at the sun, saying in a whisper: "I like sunflowers very much, but sometimes I really envy them, they're always chasing the sun to bloom in all splendor once again, from the very beginning to the end, always stubbornly chasing the light."

Xu Shu and Gu Yansheng upstairs were astonished. A complicated emotion flashed in Gu Yansheng's eyes, he unconsciously looked up at the sun.

Chasing the sun to bloom in all splendor...stubbornly chasing the light...Is he talking about himself...

Uncle Xu pretended to not know anything, so he said: "Sir, I don't know much about planting flowers and plants, can you explain to me more about that? "

Wen Niannan gave him a slight nod, he told him about the techniques and experience to cultivate plants, all taught by his mother time before.

Gu Yansheng looked downstairs at the man who was talking about the plants with shining eyes, he lowered his gaze for some unknown reason, then he turned to leave the balcony.

Aunt Lan's voice came from inside, she was looking for Xu Shu to ask him to lend her a hand with some things, Xu Shu told that to Wen Niannan and went to help, now the only one in the yard was Wen Niannan.

The soil in the flower bed was loosened, Wen Niannan shook the soil on his body, then he looked at the results in front of him, with a faint smile plastered in his eyes.

He walked to the middle of the flower bed, wanting to move the tools to the house. Suddenly a gust of wind blew over, some soil from the flower bed raised. Wen Niannan felt his eyes hurt, he closed his eyes.

Some soil entered his eyes, Wen Niannan raised his hand, rubbing it gently, but he still couldn't open it, both of his eyes were aching.

The wind outside was getting stronger and stronger. Wen Niannan turned, wanting to go inside the house, but because he couldn't see the road, he walked forward carefully, he didn't notice that he had already reached the edge of the flower bed, he stepped on the air falling instantly.

"Oh..."

Suddenly someone grabbed his waist from behind, holding him from falling.

Wen Niannan stood up straight, immediately sighing in relief, he was shocked when he misstepped vecause he couldn't see the path clearly, after calming down a little bit, he wanted to see the person who helped him.

He raised his head, trying hard to open his eyes to see the person in front of him, but there was still some pain in his eyes, he could only see a blurred shadow.

Wen Niannan thought it was Uncle Xu, rubbing his eyes, he whispered: "Uncle Xu, I can walk by myself, there is no need to still holding me."

But "Uncle Xu" didn't release his hold, nor did he speak.

"Uncle Xu?" Wen Niannan turned his head to show a confused expression.

Suddenly Wen Niannan felt a tight hold on his waist. He was shocked when he understood who he was, he began to struggle.

"Let me go!" Forcefully wanted to break free from the hold on his waist.

Out of a sudden, he was released, panicked, Wen Niannan stepped back a few steps, falling to the ground almost instantly.

Wen Niannan rubbed his eyes harshly, enduring the pain, he made the effort to open them, he saw Yansheng who was standing not far away from there looking at him with a confident expression.