💮 Chapter 22: I'm so hurt!

Note:

Hello everyone,

Well, before you start the chapter I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas with all the people you love. Blessings for you and your family, hope you can be together this Christmas despite everything. I know this year was rough for everyone but I wish you all the best. The pandemic is still there, don't let your guard down. Please be safe and take care.

Regards, A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wen Niannan's body collapsed, and rigidly turned his head to look at Gu Yansheng: "What do you...what do you mean?"
"I said, it worked well."
Hearing those words, Wen Nian immediately understood everything, his heart fell into an ice cellar, he thought of his father who suddenly appeared behind him...
"You... just did it on purpose?"
So that brief intimacy was also a show...
"You, the one who pretends to show a pitiful face? Do you think I didn't know that you just bump into me on purpose? If I didn't know what you are, you would have deceived me."

The cold and ruthless words were like a dagger to Wen Niannan's heart.
Again...whatever he does, that will be considered as a deliberate action.
Wen Niannan smiled bitterly and laughed at himself: "I am a despicable human being? From what mouth did you hear that?"
"What do you mean? I suggest you to think really good about it." Gu Yansheng stared sharply at him threating him.
"From you who like to harm others to satisfy your own selfish desires, everything you do makes me feel sick."
Gu Yansheng took out the handkerchief from his pocket to wipe his hands, then he threw on the ground trampling it, turned and walked towards the saloon.
Wen Niannan picked up the handkerchief, shook the dust and clenched his hands, he had to keep the little dignity that was left.
At dinner, Mr. Gu occasionally asked Wen Niannan about his life. Though, It was more of them talking about the company than other things, he always liked to listen to them like an outsider.
Father Wen and Lu Yun were discussing about a new cooperation project between the two companies. He looked at his son who was eating with his head down, a strange color flashing in his eyes.
It was getting late, and Mr. Gu returned early to his room to rest. Lu Yun called Gu Yansheng to the study to talk, leaving Wen Niannan with his father in the living room.
In the quiet living room, neither father or son spoke. Wen Niannan wanted to say something but didn't know what to say. Even though, they were father and son, they growed up like two strangers.
"How is your condition recently?" Father Wen spoke first.
"It's fine."
"Did you go to the psychologist on time?"
"...Hmm." When Niannan's nose suddenly hurted.
"Gu Yansheng... how is he...to you?" Wen's father asked with hesitation, Wen Niannan raised his head and looked at him in astonishment.
When Father Wen saw him sigh with sadness, he said: "You don't look as good as you said. You suffered so much for him since the beginning, but he didn't know. It's still worth it after so many years? Will it last?"
"There is nothing that can't last. I love him, and that's enough."
When Father Wen heard his son's firm tone, he shook his head and said: "It doesn't matter, I can't interfere with what you have chosed."
The living room fell in silence again, until Gu Yansheng and Lu Yun came down from the second floor holding some documents, Wen Niannan stood up and followed him.

On the way back, neither of them spoke again. Gu Yansheng crinkled his eyebrows looking at the documents his mother had given to him, thinking about what he will do once he returns to the company tomorrow.
After driving the car for an unknown period of time, Gu Yansheng's shoulder suddenly felt heavy, he turned his head to look at the culprit with a dark face.
Wen Niannan, who was originally looking out the window, suddenly felt sleepy. Gu Yansheng thought he was going to make some trick, so he shouted to him a few times but he didn't respond.
He was caught reaching out his hand to push the head away from his shoulders.
"Don't come...don't hit me...it's so dark...I don't want to enter." Suddenly Wen Niannan began to mumur in his sleep, his body began to tremble violently.
"Help me...help me...It hurts..."
The cold sweat on his forehead started to soak his hair. Looking at the person with a painful expression, Gu Yansheng's hand that was still pushing stopped trying to do it.
"Hey! Wen Niannan, wake up!"