💮 Chapter 99: It hurts to be alive...

Wen Niannan didn't know how long he had been asleep, but he opened his eyes in dark, seeing the gloomy basement.

He should be scared...but why didn't he feel anymore...

Wen Niannan moved slightly, trying to get up, there was a sharp pain in his body, but he couldn't tell where it was that pain, or it was simply all over his body.

The wound on the head was glued with the hair, the injury on the leg looked particularly severe, Wen Niannan lowered his head, touching his right leg, moving.

"It was still conscious...oh, it's still unbroken..."

Wen Niannan sat up, leaning against the wall, raising his hand to cover his eyes, and saying with a trembling voice: "Why don't you let me die...it hurts to be alive...it hurts in my body and my heart... It's really tiring..."

[Your mother wanted you to live a safe and happy life, wanted you to live securely and healthily, she wanted you to live for yourself...]

What Mrs. Jiang said suddenly sounded in his mind, Wen Niannan's eyes gradually recovered a bit of clarity, he slowly raised his head.

"...Mom..."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry mom...I let you down...I'm sorry... I'm going to try hard...I will become what you wanted, I'm going to be happy..."

Wen Niannan laughed suddenly, the corners of his mouth raised, raising also the wound, but seemed to feel no pain at all, his eyes flashed slightly, sobbing, he said: "I...I'm going to live...I'm going to live better than anyone else...I still have my father, I am nothing..."

Wen Niannan looked at the bright light through the seam of the door, the glimmering light of hope in his eyes.

Several people spoke outside the door of the basement, trembling, Wen Niannan lowered his head subconsciously.

"Wow, damn it, so the night was wasted?"

"What did Xiao Qin say? Did he tell you how much money would he give us? Even if Gu Yansheng gives up on the project, we still have to be paid for the hard work, right?"

Cursing Sun Qi said: "Damn, Qin Qibai called yesterday, he turned his face, not admitting anything, also he gave me a lesson, then what would Gu Yansheng do if I don't care about his husband's life or death!"

Cursing one more time, Sun Qi turned on the light in the basement, entering, but seeing the man huddled in the corner as if releasing his anger, he slammed forward about to hit him.

Wen Niannan curled up subconsciously, protecting his ears, but his action made Sun Qi stop for a moment.

"Why do I feel as if I've seen you before?"

The men behind him questioned: "What's the matter, Brother Sun?"

"It's nothing."

"Brother Sun, what are going to do with this guy? Gu's family doesn't care about him, can we just throw him somewhere like that?"

"Keep him closed, I can't believe that the Gu family really doesn't care about his life, I must convince Gu Yansheng this time!"

One of them behind him sat on the steps, asking: "Brother Sun, can tell our brothers how Gu Yansheng was arrested at the time?"

"Damn, I get angry when I think about it, that man I caught wasn't Gu Yansheng at all, still had a hard-mouthed bone, he could keep his mouth shut when I kicked him with a stick, but I didn't expect to scream in fright once he was locked in the basement, I threw a few rats in, then I closed the door, shutting him for days and nights, he was hungry for a few days, but he didn't have a hard mouth."