💮 Chapter 63: Finally awake (1/3)

It was almost two o'clock when they arrived home, Uncle Xu greeted her nervously as soon as he saw that Lu Yun was back.

"You're finally back, Old Lady. Please go and see Sir."

"How is Niannan? Hasn't he woken up yet?"

"No, Dr. Lin has come to see him. He said it's because of the stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep, that he would be sleeping for so long."

Lu Yun rapidly went upstairs to Niannan's room, Zhou Yuanfeng followed her giving the luggage to Uncle Xu.

At the sight of the man laid in bed with the face white as a paper and the wound on his brow, the heart of Lu Yun ached.

"How the hell did this happen? When we met some time ago, Nian Nian wasn't that haggard, how his vitality become so bad? Who hurt him?"

"Well...It's because Master put him in the basement when he saw the photo."

Hearing that Wen Niannan was locked in the basement, Lu Yun saw red: "In the basement? Is he crazy? He even dared to do that even knowing that Nian Nian is afraid of the dark. Where is that son of a bitch? I want him here now!"

"Master isn't at home. He went out last night and he hasn't returned yet, he isn't answering the phone." Said Xu, standing by explaining the events of the past few days.

"That bastard! How he dares to tell you that!"

The more she listened, the more thoughtful the expression on her face became. If it weren't for the patient who was in the room resting, Lu Yun would have slammed the table yelling.

Zhou Yuanfeng stood silently without saying a word he entered the room, waiting for Uncle Xu to end his statement, then he said: "Auntie, you're probably tired after hopping off of the plane. Go and rest first. I will tell you when Asheng comes back."

"No, I'll wait for him downstairs. Does he think that he's untouchable that no one can correct him? Gu Yansheng called the shots, we'll see when he's back!"

With a cold face, Lu Yun went downstairs and sat on the sofa in the living room. His eyes were blazing with rage.

Zhou Yuanfeng also sat down, dialing the number over and over again, It was still turned off, he groaned helplessly.

That guy really doesn't stop at all, but this time the phone was turned off without any way to reach him.

The light dimmed gradually through the window, the man on the bed frowned slightly, rubbing his temple, he opened his eyes.

Gu Yansheng was woken up by a headache. Perhaps the balcony blew on him a headache the night before. His head was about to explode. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw a face so close to his.

He widened his eyes, looking down in disconcert when saw that his arms were wrapped around Shen Luoan's waist. Shen Luoan was tangled in his arms willingly. The sudden scene before his eyes shocked Gu Yansheng, he sat up as fast as he could.

"Uhm..."

The sleeping man on the bed rubbed his eyes as he woke up. He sat up and asked in confusion: "Yansheng, what's wrong with you?"

Gu Yansheng panicked a little, he lifted the blanket standing up, staring at Shen Luoan unsettled: "I...I'm sorry...I fell asleep..."

"Why are you apologizing to me? We love each other, don't we? Why can't we do things like this?" Tears were appearing in Shen Luoan's eyes while looking at Gu Yansheng with sorrow.

Gu Yansheng looked at himself disgusted, annoyed that his reaction had hurt Shen Luoan. He sat one more time on the bed explaining carefully to him: "Sorry Luoan, I panicked a moment ago. I really want to be with you but after my divorce is done. Don't get me wrong."

He loved Shen Luoan very much, but he wasn't divorced from Wen Niannan yet. For Gu Yansheng, the intimacy between lovers was sacred. He didn't want to have a relationship with Shen Luoan without his divorce or take advantage of him.

"Luoan, I never cared about physical contact but I love every touch of you. You don't have to do anything to please me. So will you wait for me? When we can be properly together."

"Okay, I promise you, thank you Yansheng."

He stroke Luoan's head lightly. Then he looked down at his watch. It was almost three o'clock, he didn't believe he slept for so long.

"Luoan, are you hungry? It's late, I'll make something to eat, wait for me..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marathon day

(5/10)