💮 Chapter 65: Go and feed him with some porridge (1/3)

Seeing Wen Niannan wouldn't desist on agreeing on the divorce, a weird color flashed in Lu Yun's eyes.

"Nian Nian, Mother knows that you're a good sensitive child who remembers when your father's company had financial problems, the Gu family and Lu family helped him, and now the three companies work together on countless projects. If you get divorced, what will your father do? Aren't you afraid that how embarrassed your father will be?"

After all, she was a well-known strong woman with powerful convictions in the business world. Lu Yun has always been smart and never soft in her ways to deal with things. She could use every dirty move to stop Wen Niannan from divorcing.

Wen Niannan was hesitating, looking at Lu Yun without expression, not speaking for a long moment.

Father...

When the company had some problems, his father was getting thinner every day,  going out early and returning late, Lu Yun reached out to help the company.

Now the company was growing more and more, and his father was very happy. What will happen to him if he divorces?

"Nian Nian? Can you give him another chance? Can you look at your mother's face?" 

Looking at Lu Yun's praying eyes, Wen Niannan made a line with his lips and agreed: "Okay...okay..."

Maybe it was for the sake of his father or for the sake of the company...or perhaps for the sake of his own heart that refuses to give up, wanting to try one more time for one last time...

Lu Yun finally sighed of relief when Wen Niannan had agreed.

Yes, as long as the two children connect with each other more, as long as Gu Yansheng doesn't listen to other people's malicious words, it won't be in vain to leave the company abroad to return to the country.

"Nian Nian, lie down and rest a little. I'll tell Aunt Lan to make some porridge to nourish your stomach. You should rest meanwhile."

"Good, thank you, mom."

Lu Yun closed the door gently, with heavy steps she turned around to go to the study.

As soon as she reached the door, she heard the fight coming from inside, she opened the door walking in.

"What's with the noise? Arguing endlessly is the topic for today?"

She didn't know what the two men in the study had just talked about, but Gu Yansheng was grabbing Zhou Yuanfeng by the collar with both of his hands, looking at him with a mix of sadness and anger.

"Why not let him go? Do you think Yuanfeng can't beat you?

Gu Yansheng released him unconvinced, standing aside, he asked angrily: "Why revoke me of the management rights to lose the company in hands of Yuanfeng? Did you informed grandpa?"

Lu Yun sat down and motioned to Gu Yansheng to sit on the sofa beside her, and said faintly: "Your grandfather doesn't need to know, Yuan Feng will stay by your side to help not return to F country, lest you do What reckless thing happened."

Seeing a Gu Yansheng silent with a somber face, Lu Yun continued: "Also, your rich kid's comfortable life is over. From today onwards, you'll be responsible for the diet and health of Nian Nian, also to take care of him keeping his body in good condition. One more thing, you won't be allowed to see that bitch named Shen again during this period."

"Huh?, what if I refuse?"

"It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, I'll just tell you one thing, if you don't commit to your responsibilities, the company will stay in Yuanfeng's hands till who knows when, once Nian Nian's body recovers because of your cares, I'll hand it over to you." 

Gu Yansheng bowed his head sourly, he wasn't expecting his mother to play such a trick.

"Your grandfather doesn't know about this, but if he finds out what you did, he won't let you go just like that!"

Gu Yansheng kept silent, no saying any word, Lu Yun assumed his commitment, so she said: "Now go to the kitchen and ask Aunt Lan to make some porridge, once it's done, you'll take it to Nian Nian's room."

"OK," He said, gritting his teeth.

He slammed the door leaving.

Aunt Lan was preparing dinner in the kitchen because Yuanfeng and the old lady were at home that day, she was busy making the soup and cutting vegetables. There hadn't been so many people in the house for such a long time.

Gu Yansheng went to the kitchen door, shouting without getting a response, he approached impatiently: "Aunt Lan."

"Oh! Sir, you scared me to death, what do you need?" Asked Aunt Lan, surprised.

With a gloomy face and a dull tone, he said: "Wen Niannan wants some porridge, cook some then serve a plate and take it upstairs."

"I remember that my aunt told you to take it upstairs by yourself." Out of the blue, Zhou Yuanfeng's voice came from behind him.