• 156 •

Within a few minutes, the assailants were down on the ground either unconscious or groaning in pain. 

K’xug exhaled sharply, flicking his sword to get rid of the bloodstains as his gaze was utterly cold. It was then K’xug realised Hana glanced at his way, especially at the way the drops of blood splattered across the floor. 

K’xug flinched, hurriedly hiding his sword behind his back and he noticed that there was an assailant that he heavily injured, a pool of blood surrounding him. He stepped forward, blocking the grisly sight from Hana and the cold look was gone from his face.

Hana noticed his movements, and he seemed nervous. 

At that moment, she recalled a memory she had with K’xug in the past. 

She had wandered into the unruly part of the marketplace, and was tricked into an alleyway where there were unscrupulous angels planning to rob and injure her in the process. 

K’xug stepped in and proceeded to beat them all up in a violent manner. 

“You have never seen blood being shed before, haven’t you?” 

“You’ll probably faint.” 

“Close your eyes and ears.” 

K’xug was harsh and blunt in his words, and the Hana Katae at that time, who knew nothing about violence. She could only tremble slightly, squeezing her eyes close and she covered her ears. 

When Hana finally opened her eyes as commanded, she saw the indifferent man with heterochromia eyes staring down at her, blood splattered over his face and clothes. 

Hana paled in an instant. 

"See, this is what I exactly meant by you'll faint."

“Next time, if you don’t want to end up in situations like that, don’t get deceived so easily.” 

“The world isn’t as great as you think it is, Hana Katae.” 

In that memory, he then offered his hand to her, his voice still cold. 

"Now, get up."

However, at this moment, she saw the same cold and indifferent man fidgeting nervously with a troubled look. 

She peeked her head towards the side, and K'xug naturally followed her movement. 

To Hana, who has always been more sensitive to the feelings of others, she knew what K'xug was doing. 

"K'xug."

The man himself only looked at Hana, trying to appear indifferent. 

Hana smiled. 

"It's...okay."

K'xug stiffened. 

Hana only continued smiling, pressing her hand to her chest as she closed her eyes. She recalled the memories of her accompanying Cecil and Xue in their journey, and the violent outbursts she had seen along the way. 

Her smile grew wider, and she opened her eyes. 

"I...I will not be afraid now!" Hana nodded, huffing proudly. "I am stronger now!"

K'xug wore a conflicted smile on his face, and stepped aside slowly. The pool of blood surrounding the unconscious and barely conscious assailants was revealed. 

Hana faltered at that sight, letting out a small frightened squeal. 

K'xug panicked, stepping back into the way again as he eyed Hana in concern.