• 36 •

Warning: This chapter contains mild gory descriptions for the first portion. For those who are easily squeamish, you can skip the descriptions.

The cobalt blue-hair and unique rogue-like outfit, along with his exotic features, Cecil recognised him instantly.

Th-this weird man...he really appeared again...at such a strange timing. And he is still talking about heads...

[ Optional mission #5 : The Nice Guy X2
Objective : Let the stranger help you once again.
Clue : Do not resist him.
Reward : 100 points. ]

"...?!"

"Again, AI500?!"

[ He is a very nice guy~ ]

Cecil doubted its words.

Xue observed the man with a cold stare, looking down and tugging at his spear. At that moment, Xue froze, his eyes growing wide and he snapped his head up.

Yelena gazed at the mysterious man, admiration in her eyes. "Ve--"

"You don't need heads? What about Widerlich?"

The mysterious man continued talking to Cecil. Cecil was bewildered now, her alarmed expression contorting.

The man smiled a little, a hint of amusement in his ebony eyes, no longer looking so bored.

"Your ugly face is much better," he nodded, pleased.

Xue extricated his spear and the man only stepped back calmly as Xue lunged at him. The man avoided the spear by directing it away from him, making Xue stumble forward.

"You...! Veau!"

"Good to see you again, Xue."

"Veau, you are here!" Yelena gasped out, completely forgetting that she was moments away from death.

The name that Xue and Yelena called the mysterious man echoed in Cecil's mind. Her breath hitched, and she felt her knees growing weak.

Ve-Veau? Th-this weird man is Veau?! Fuck me!

"AI500...you call him the nice guy...Do-do you know who Veau is?!"

[ If you want to complete the mission, and get the points, do not resist him~ ]

She sank to the ground, both from finally knowing the weird man and the system agitating her.

Alric carefully dropped the things he was carrying onto the floor, reaching out to catch Cecil, panicking.

"He-hey, woman?!"

The next message appeared.

[ Congratulations! You have completed an achievement "Nice Guy = Big Bad Villain"! You have twenty-six achievements remaining. ]

"You this damn AI! The optional mission before, you lured me into making him help me! You knew it was him, from the very start! And you didn't tell me!"

[ Why are you blaming me? It was an optional mission, you didn't need to accept his help~
Also, there is no rule that requires us to expose the identity of the villain~ ]

"If I knew he was the big bad villain all along, I wouldn't have said yes to his help! I got tricked by you!"

[ I never tricked you, you accepted his help on your own. I am programmed not to lie or trick the player~ ]