• 80 •

Cecil felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around her svelte body, catching her. Her hands landing automatically around their shoulder, and the arms were coiled her waist and her back, her chest pressed against theirs.

The person stumbled back, supporting both of their weights, but nevertheless, they were both safe.

Cecil exhaled sharply, her eyes wide as she blinked rapidly, her blindfold still on.

She was sure that she was going to land on the ground, and it would have probably left a big, fat bruise on her.

The...the lord protagonist caught me...?

Cecil gasped in realisation, recovering from her shock as she lifted up her blindfold hastily.

"Xue, I'm so--" Cecil said, lifting her head and the words were stuck in her throat.

Their faces were so close.

So close that their noses were almost touching.

His grey eyes gazed into her onyx ones, and the concern for her was apparent in his grey irises.

"Are you alright?" Xue asked softly, his breath blowing onto her face.

Once again, Cecil found her heart skipping a beat.

"...ye-yes, since you..." she struggled out, blinking rapidly. "...caught me..."

She pressed her lips together, growing flustered. Somehow, she found it hard to look away and neither did she want to make any sudden movements.

"Oh," he muttered out, his eyes drifted over to her lips unconsciously. "...good to know."

His breath caressed her face again, and Cecil squeezed her eyes close.

She couldn't bear it any longer, feeling as if her heart would burst out from her chest at any moment.

"Xu-Xue." Cecil opened her eyes, stuttering out.

Xue looked back up to her eyes.

"You are...too close...!"

"Ah."

Xue withdrew, placing Cecil gently down on the ground. Cecil wanted to create more distance, only to realise Xue's arms were still wrapped around her waist and back.

Cecil could feel her face starting to burn.

"Xu-Xue."

Xue looked at her again.

"Yo-your arms...!"

"Ah."

Xue awkwardly brought his arms back to his side, not noticing he was still clinging onto her.

Cecil hastily retreated, creating more distance between them. Her hand flew to her chest, she was still trying to recover from the experience.

Unbeknownst to the couple, their teachers had long left the courtyard. After spitting their tea out in shock, Eri hurriedly left to give the couple their privacy, pushing Gom out of the courtyard as well.

Meanwhile, Gom felt aggrieved.

His disciple was always harsh when training, and was never once kind to him as a disciple. However, when it came to Cecil, he willingly lost the sparring match to prevent her from falling onto the ground.

When the teachers left the courtyard through another exit, Hana walked in at the same, witnessing the intimate moment between the two of them.

She widened her eyes, squealing softly as she turned around. She would have covered her eyes if it weren't for the plate of food in her hands.