• 2 •

After having another vexing round of conversation with AI500. Cecil learned the purpose of her role here, that she found utterly ridiculous.

[ 1. Experience the story and complete the plot holes that riddled the story everywhere. ]

[ 2. Change the fate of Cecil Lan. ]

There was no way that Cecil would want to experience the original fate of Cecil Lan anyway!

At least the third main goal made her slightly happier.

[ 3. Help the protagonist avoid the canon ending. ]

Her rewards for completing these tasks would ensure that she would reincarnate and live a better life. She would even be rewarded with points that would help her with the journey in this world.

She could care less about making the novel better, as well as fixing its plotholes. The only goal stuck in her mind for now was to meet the protagonist, as a loyal reader of the novel and an ultimate fan of the protagonist, meeting him was her biggest dream right now!

Cecil hurriedly prepared herself to head down, finally deciding to grace the world of the "Path to the Supreme God" with her presence.

Hold on a moment, must I really put on a farce to maintain the original character of Cecil Lan?

Cecil paused in her steps, contemplating. She wasn't willing to do it, but if she had to stay in character to avoid suspicions...

[ A friendly note to Cecil Lan, even if you act drastically out of character, many of them would only regard you as an insane person. No one will raise their weapons to kill you, do not worry (: ]

"...how is that any better?" Cecil mumbled to herself, and she remained silent for a moment longer, finally nodding to herself as she arrived to a decision. "I will stay in character, and slowly change along the way. It isn't any better, but I dislike Cecil Lan anyway."

[ Another friendly note, please remember to recall the memories of the previous owner of this body. Enjoy your time here, Cecil Lan~ ]

Cecil grimaced at the "adorable" speech mannerisms of AI500 once more. She then processed those words, and nodded to herself, wanting to recall the memories when her door was slammed open.

She flinched back, startled greatly from her reverie.

"Cecil Lan, this is the final warning I am giving to you! Come down right now, and learn the lessons from me, or you can forget about stepping out from your room for two weeks!" A woman exclaimed in a shrill voice, and Cecil couldn't help wincing, bringing her head up hesitantly.

She stared at the woman before her, she was an exact replica of Cecil Lan, only that she looked twenty years older and her emerald eyes glared fiercely at Cecil.

Images flashed through her mind involuntarily, and Cecil recognised the woman to be her mother.

"Mo-mother?"

"That's right, I am your mother! For months, I've been patient, allowing you the time to understand that your mother wasn't a rich heiress, but a professional dancer that belonged to a renowned troupe," she placed her hand on her waist, donning a flamboyant dress. "And you not only rejected my passion, you even declined learning from me! You think I wouldn't know how you are looking down on this profession of mine?"

The hurt was evident in her voice, even her eyes were starting to look misty.

Another series of memories assaulted Cecil's mind. The original Cecil Lan in the novel, truthfully, looked down on her mother's passion of her previous occupation.