• 152 •

Author's Note: End of mass update part 1! This is a long chapter too, 3.7k words! I hope you all enjoyed this update ^_^.

Unlike the other participants that had a loose footing on the ground, Cecil had more balance. She managed to regain her balance on the ground, unfortunately, she landed harshly on the ground. 

Xue was near enough to notice Cecil, and to hear her scream. Moreover, he himself experienced the same sudden gust of wind. He spun around in a panic, ignoring his opponent that almost slashed him with his weapon. He saw her landing on the ground, almost kissing it and to his relief, she stood up just fine. 

He softened his look slightly as he stared at her for a second longer, before he glanced away, ducking an attack from his opponent. Narrowing his eyes, he scanned the area with a hint of anger in his eyes. 

Which bastard is it? 

Which bastard was it that dared hurt Cecil? 

All of a sudden, everyone felt the ground tremble once again and the remaining participants lifted their head up. 

“What the--” 

“Ahhh!” 

There were surprised yelps all around, and the culprit that was creating the gusts of wind turned out to be an earth golem. The earth golem had a height of almost four men combined, and seated on top of its shoulders was a man dressed in a traditional chinese costume. 

The arena was humongous enough for the golem to go by unnoticed by half of the participants. 

The man on top of the golem was waving about his weapon, which was a fan, synchronising his movements with golem. Just as the golem made another swing, there was a ball of air gathered under its palm and a strong gust of wind swept by as the swing reached its peak. 

Anyone could see the man on top of the golem was an air element, adding on to the force of the golem as it made a sweeping motion. Meanwhile, the owner of the earth golem was standing at the edge of the water, protected by another person. 

The person protecting him wielded a pair of boxing gloves, due to the abundance of water around him, he used the water to form icicles in the air. He shot the icicles at anyone who came near, and if one even touched him, he proved to be a formidable fighter with his gloves on. Moreover, to make his attacks more deadly, he created ice spikes on his boxing gloves. 

“A four-man team.” 

“What the--aren’t they just cheating like that?” 

The announcer hyped up the match by pushing this same team of four-man to the top, praising their battling strategy high and low. 

Xue eyed the earth golem viciously, marching towards it as he swung his spear around expertly. 

On the other hand, Ryo was having the time of his life fighting an opponent using a halberd just like him. In addition to that, their elements were completely opposite, ice and fire. 

...one could imagine his sadness when he saw his opponent losing his balance and getting blown away by the sudden wind. 

He shielded himself from the wind, and he looked up to see his opponent flying away. 

“Wha--” Ryo gasped out. “My friend!” 

If the opponent knew Ryo had considered him as a friend, he would have given him a weird look. He was coming at Ryo with killing intent, and no one in their right mind would consider a person like that as a friend.