• 85 •

Both Xue and Cecil arrived at the entrance of the sword mound expedition at the same time, none of them spotting each other. Eri and the healer had already scattered to help around.

They would then soon realise they weren't even needed there.

The area was filled to the brim with students scuttling about, and the teachers in charge of the expedition were nowhere to be found.

Xue and Cecol ran to the gate, which had more students streaming out, both of them wearing anxious looks on their faces.

"Hana!"

They called at the same time, pausing when they realised they were standing next one another.

"Xue!"

"Cecil."

"Are you looking for Hana too?"

Xue nodded.

"I'm here!" Hana chirped, appearing in front of them.

Cecil was startled by Hana's sudden appearance, clutching at her chest.

"I heard the two of you calling for me!" Hana beamed, before noticing their weird expressions. "What's wrong?"

"...they said a flare was shot..." Cecil started to say and Hana clapped her hands together.

"Ah, the flare! I shot it, because I was lost!"

"..."

"...what?" Cecil said, flabbergasted.

Xue blinked his eyes at Hana, indifferent. It was as if he had already expected something like that from Hana.

Cecil then assessed the situation once again. The crowd of students she assumed to be scuttling around in panic, were actually scuttling around in a hurry to leave.

She was speechless.

We weren't needed here at all!

"I want to show you guys my weapon!" Hana squealed, dragging them away quickly.

They were blocking the gates after all, and some students were giving them an irritated glance.

"To the academy garden!" Hana exclaimed.

The two of them glanced silently at one another as Hana pulled them along.

***

"A bow?"

Hana nodded proudly, showing off her bow with a grin.

Cecil inspected the bow closely in Hana's hands. Xue ended his inspection earlier, turning to Hana.

"A bow..." Xue muttered, smiling softly at Hana. "It really suits you, Hana."

Hana glowed even brighter at Xue's words.

"You really think so?" Hana questioned happily.

"Definitely," Cecil smiled, looking at Hana. "Couldn't think of a more perfect soul weapon for you."

Xue nodded, patting her head.

Hana giggled, leaning in. "Then...then what about the others inside?"

Xue widened his eyes slightly.

Cecil was taken aback by Hana as well. "Hana, are you talking about them?"

"Mhmm!"

"Hmm, I'm curious as well," Cecil tapped her fingers on her chin, smiling at Xue. "I wonder what they think about Hana's new weapon."