• 111 •

Xue and Hana stared at the contents inside the pot, the two of them then glanced at one another, making a bitter face. Just like she did for K’xug, Cecil made another herbal mixture for Xue and Hana, since she was still as worried.

However, while making it halfway, she eventually drifted off to sleep due to fatigue. Xue hurried to take over the job, and K’xug was the one in charge of teaching him now, since he had made the herbal mixture himself.

“K’xug, did you...really drink this?” Xue questioned K’xug with the same bitter face.

K’xug nodded.

“He did!” Hana nodded, until she recalled the bitter face he made and she lost her energetic tone. “He did…”

K’xug signalled to them that the herbal mixture was now ready to be consumed, gesturing for them to drink it.

Xue and Hana looked at the mixture, their faces turning equally green like the mixture as the strong stench of herbs wafted past their noses. K’xug, just inhaling the smell recalled its bitter taste and he pinched his nose, still gesturing at them to eat it.

“Are you sure it’s even edible?” Xue grimaced at K’xug. “You are even...pinching your nose.”

K’xug removed his hand, clearing his throat but he took a step back.

Seeing K’xug’s reaction, Xue and Hana hesitated, looking at Cecil still sleeping away on Xue’s shoulder.

“But Xue,” Hana leaned in closer, a hint of guilt in her voice. “Cecil spent almost the entire time finding these herbs with that sprained wrist, just for all of us. She would have cooked it too, if K’xug didn’t insist on helping her.”

The two of them looked at one another, though they found it wasn’t necessary for them to drink this herbal mixture, Cecil still went through the trouble of gathering these herbs for them instead of resting.

“For...for the sake of Cecil!” Hana huffed, putting on a brave front.

Xue nodded.

The two of them gathered their own bowls, drinking the mixture down with one big gulp.

K’xug watched them, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“...”

“...”

The two of them immediately cupped their mouths, their faces twisting.

“...disgusting.”

“Disgusting!”

The two of them said at the same time.

Xue continued cupping his mouth, wondering why he did not save the delicious porridge to help him get rid of the pungent herbal taste.

“Disgusting! Disgusting! Disgusting!” Hana exclaimed, hopping around as she spit out her tongue. “Disssssgusting!”

K’xug was relishing in their misery, the glint in his eyes said it all.

“Why didn’t you warn me beforehand?” Xue narrowed his eyes at K’xug. “I would have at least kept some porridge to wash off the damn taste.”

K'xug shrugged, like he did not know anything.

“You liar, K’xug! You knew this would happen!” Hana pointed out, pouting. “I-If only I knew Cecil would make it for me as well when I was asleep…”

Xue narrowed his eyes even further, his breath now smelled of nothing but herbs.

K’xug shrugged again.