• 97 •

Hana was perplexed.

A part of her wanted to wander off and find her two beloved friends on her own, while another part of her wanted to wait for Mir to finish the fight with Isleif. However, the fight didn't seem to be ending anytime soon. 

Mir had the upper hand for a minute or so, landing a few good hits on Isleif. 

Isleif, knowing he was on the losing end, suddenly created some distance between them and whipped out an object. 

The battle was in a stalemate now, with neither side moving. 

Mir was staring intently at the object in Isleif's hands. It was a vial of blood, and there was a black mist circling around the vial. 

"That blood…"

Isleif smirked. "You know what it is, don't you?"

"Are you planning to drink it?! Are you crazy, you are only a mere mortal with an incomplete soul--"

"He said I could drink it to get more power, and I have to suffer a little," Isleif shrugged, flicking the cap of the vial off with a finger. "If I can get more power to defeat you, who cares about suffering?"

"You are insane!" 

Isleif gulped the blood down without hesitation. 

Mir gasped, impaling his sword into the ground and the air started to glitter around him before a long stretch of barrier formed around him. 

"Supreme--Hana!"

Han gasped, looking at Mir. 

"Get out of here! As far as you can run to!"

"Wh-what?"

"I can't guarantee your safety!"

"But where do I--"

Isleif let out a choked yell, an unknown force swirling around him. The sounds of bones cracking could be heard from his body, and Isleif stepped forward, crushing the empty vial under his left foot. 

"That...bastard, this isn't a little--aargh!" 

Isleif howled in pain, kneeling down on the ground. His bones started to crack even further, his right eye changing in colour. The sclera of his right eye had begun to turn black.

The two people watched, apprehensive. 

Just then, his bones extended and formed a wing behind his back, on the right side. 

Mir widened his eyes in horror, his face growing pale.

"Hana! Go now, quickly!" 

Hana felt a chill run down her spine, everything in her body was telling her to get away from this red-haired man. 

As far as possible. 

Hana spun around, sprinting away, her footsteps muffled against the grass. 

The visibility in this area was worse due to the fog, and Hana was soon out of their sights. 

Mir turned back to look at Isleif, who slowly stood up to his feet. 

The same red-haired man had a wing on the right side of his back with razor-sharp edges. The wing made out of his own bones, blood staining every part of it, and it was still growing, black feathers slowly sprouting out from it. 

The right side of his body was nothing like this left side. His veins were lining every part of his body on the right side, his clothing ripped. Moreover, instead of the usual blue-greenish veins, his veins were black.