• 99 •

Xue flipped in the air, landing on the ground safely. On the other hand, Hana was still struggling in the air, flailing her limbs helplessly. 

Xue caught Hana easily, stumbling back. Her head bumped right into his hard chest, and she made a sound. 

Hana lifted her head up, grinning gratefully at Xue. “Thank you, Xue!” 

“Are you hurt anywhere else?” 

Hana shook her head, glancing around in confusion. “Mhmm? Where did that bad angel go?” 

“Bad angel…” Xue smiled a little at her way of addressing Mir. “He ran back to his home.” 

“Home?” 

Xue looked up, narrowing his eyes. The fog was blocking the view of the sky, but Hana still managed to interpret his actions. 

“The sky?” 

“The heavens.” Xue clenched his jaw, the anger rushing back into his mind again. “A place I will never set foot on, ever again.” 

Xue inhaled sharply and he clicked his tongue, looking away. 

I want to punch something. So badly.

Hana blinked at Xue, she could tell he was angry, but at the same time, she could tell he was hurt. 

When she saw Xue planning to hurt Mir earlier, somehow, she didn’t feel afraid. She also knew that Xue was angry enough to kill Mir at that point of time, but that realisation didn’t make her afraid either. 

Instead, she was more focused on what Xue was feeling at that moment. 

She could see it in his eyes.

She could hear it in his voice. 

He was truly hurt. 

He was in sorrow. 

“Xue.” 

Xue faced Hana, his expression extremely dark. He was glowering so much, Hana couldn’t help but take a step back when she saw the expression on his face. 

Xue realised he was scaring Hana, turning away quickly and he sighed. “Sorry, Hana. I am not in the mood to talk, or look...nice...to you.” 

“It’s okay.” Hana smiled softly, shaking her head. 

Xue hesitated, running a hand through his hair. “I’ll go away and calm myself down first, if anything happens, just shout for me. Don’t worry, I’ll be nearby.”

He walked away after those words, and Hana opened her mouth, reaching her hand out. Somehow, the lone figure of Xue walking into the misty woods, keeping to the shadows where the sunlight wouldn’t even touch him...it all made her heart ache. 

He looks so...sad.

Hana whined sadly, running up to Xue and crashing right into his back.

Xue froze in his spot. 

“Xue, it’s okay, I am not scared,” Hana reached for his hand, holding it, her voice losing its usual enthusiastic tone. “Cheer up, Xue.”

“...”

“Cheer up...please?” 

“...”

“Don’t be sad.” 

“...”

“If you are sad, I am sad too.” 

Xue pulled back his hand gently as he turned back. “I am fine, Hana.”