• 7 •

Cecil inhaled deeply, her eyes gradually lifting open. She was greeted by a mystifying sight.

She was in the same position as before, and her surroundings were still the same. Even Kai was still beside her, but the mystifying thing was her vision.

The colours of the world has disappeared, only to be replaced by a black landscape with white lines drawing out her environment. The trees has been outlined by the white lines, but its leaves and bark were utterly black.

The ground below her was utterly black too.

Cecil was amazed.

This must be the so-called very first meditating experience with their element every individual will face in Hantulsennem.

Cecil glanced around once more, unsure of what to even do here. In the novel, though the author explained the process of the elements and how one arrived to the conclusion of their affinity...the meditation part was just a rushed process.

The author simply did a time skip where the protagonist finished the meditation process and could finally use the elements for the first time.

Where is the detailed explanation, author? You cannot be so inconsistent or lazy!

[ Congratulations, you have stumbled upon your first plothole of the story! It is a necessary plothole to fix!
Optional mission #1 : Fixing the meditation process plothole in the novel.
Objective : Figure how the meditation process works, and how does one actually use their elemental powers for the first time.
Reward : 15 points.
There is no consequences of failing this optional mission. ]

"AI500, why is your system being so nice now? Optional mission with no consequences of failing?"

[ Yes, because the consequences of failing is not by us, but by the rules of the novel. You won't be able to get out of this realm if you do not activate your powers~ ]

"So, if there aren't any rules from the novel to punish me. Will your system do it instead?"

[ ... ]

[ I'm not obliged to answer that question.
Good luck, Cecil Lan~ ]

Cecil scoffed, thinking to herself for a moment as she stood up, pacing up and down.

She halted after a while, bringing her right palm to her eyes, observing it. A few seconds passed, and as expected, she did not see any symbol on her right palm.

Activating the symbol, and pressing it onto the ground.

That's the only logic I can think of, following the author's line of logic for this novel.

Cecil squinted her eyes at her palm, staring hard at it.

Nothing happened.

"...activate!"

Nothing happened.

Cecil inhaled sharply, thrusting her hand out into the air. "Hah!"

Nothing happened.

Suddenly, Cecil's face twisted as she still felt the bitter aftertaste in her mouth.

"...Widerlich?"

Nothing happened too.

She withdrew her hand, unclenching and clenching it. "Earth, activate!"

...nothing happened.