• 137 •

Author's Note: I apologise if my replies are slower than usual, my notifications are being constantly flooded, hahaha.

On a side note, SLS is almost at 900k reads, omg! It only hit 800k not too long ago. 1 million reads doesn't seem to be a dream now, wow 😂.

Anyway, enough rambling, onto the chapter. It's a pretty cute chapter, hope you guys will have your fair share of creepy giggling and multiple facepalm of going "omg".

***

[ Congratulations! You have unlocked the rarest achievement “Steal the Role of the Female Lead”! Celebrate and rejoice, Cecil Lan! ]

[ You have twenty-one achievements left! ] 

Cecil was still processing the notification from the system, unable to say a word. 

It took a long moment for her to recover from the shock, she could only sigh heavily and bury her face into her hands. 

"..."

"...that's not how it was supposed to work! What about...what about the original OTP of this novel?!"

Cecil wanted to kowtow a million times to the readers of the novel back in her own world. Her presence had changed the storyline of the entire novel completely, to the point where the romance was beyond recognition from the original storyline. 

However, AI500 took this opportunity to rub more salt into her wound. 

[ Congratulations! You and the protagonist are the OTP of the novel now! Celebrate and rejoice, Cecil Lan! ]

"......"

Cecil still had her head buried in her hands, though, she was completely dead on the inside. 

"You are the worst, AI500."

"Isn't it normal to warn me if I am completely changing the storyline of the novel?"

[ Yes. ]

"Bu-but you never warned me! Not even once!"

[ Your actions will have repercussions on the storyline. ]

[ That has been stated on numerous occasions. ]

"...you mean inferred!"

"You never once stated it clearly!" 

[ Fortunately, there are no consequences in changing the storyline of this novel. After all, one of your main objectives is to prevent the original ending of the novel from happening. ]

"Th-that's …true."

"But you still could have given me a clear warning!"

[ You did not ask me to~ ]

"..."

Cecil could have puked out blood right there and then, before bursting into flames. 

...followed by throwing herself off the ship. 

Currently, she was hiding her face in her hands to maintain her composure. She was trembling slightly, and to anyone, it would seem that she was crying.