• 29 •

Hana was extremely happy, after the teacher had informed her of her progress. She could make the breakthrough to the third gate, and she could have the chance to go on the next expedition soon, which is after the break.

Hana would have never thought she would feel so happy to obtain a weapon.

Somehow, she could understand why Cecil and Xue liked training and getting stronger now.

It was addicting.

They were currently listening to their teacher, like Eri, explaining about the semester and the upcoming break.

Just then, Hana felt a strange sensation and she frowned, looking down at her body. However, there was nothing there.

"Class dismissed, it's your free time now."

The students scattered quickly and soon, the courtyard wasn't as crowded as before. They were still students hanging about, discussing about their holiday plans.

Hana was still thinking of the strange sensation, when she felt it again.

There was a shape of hand, made of ice, touching her waist. Seeing this, Hana screamed and looked up, the culprit was one of the male students hidden within the group.

When Hana met his gaze, he paled.

"I...I..."

"You touched me, with your...ice hand!"

"I'm sorry, it was all a dare! I just had to do it the third time without you--"

A spear shot right in from the entrance of the courtyard, stabbing into the ground where the male student was at. He let out a shocked yelp, barely dodging it as he collapsed the ground.

Everyone recognised the spear in an instant.

"Xue!"

The male student paled even further.

I am dead. Why did I have to carry out the dare, and even at this moment?

This Xue...he really comes and goes unpredictably, and everytime he appears the teacher isn't here!

I'm going to be killed!

Xue recalled his spear, and marched towards the male student. Everyone scrambled out of his way, no one daring to make a move.

"What did you just say...and do?" Xue questioned, a murderous look in his grey eyes.

"I'm-I'm sorry, it was...it was all a-a dare!"

Xue regarded him with an icy-cold stare. He lifted up his spear, and Hana was still recovering from the shock of being touched inappropriately.

A female student shrieked in horror.

"Xue!" another male student called out. "Wait, you...you can't expect to kill him? He...he--"

"All those that touch or harms Hana will die, especially scums like you." Xue retorted coldly, and Hana upon hearing that, suddenly snapped awake.

She could feel that Xue was more chaotic than he ever was, though, she couldn't identify whether the cause was actually her or Cecil.

The male student was terrified to the point where he couldn't even move an inch, trembling violently.

Xue aimed his spear at his clammy hands, a merciless look in his eyes.

"Xue."

A familiar tranquil and aloof voice rang through the courtyard.