• 54 •

Within seconds, Xue's demeanour changed. No longer was the man indifferent and gloomy, but jumpy and cowering.

Everyone regarded the man who possessed the same appearance as Xue with horror, curiosity and bewilderment. Despite that, the same man only had his eyes on Cecil who greeted him with a kind smile.

"Alric!"

"Cecil, yo-you called me?"

"Yes, I need your expertise!"

Alric perked up, his mind only comprehending that Cecil needs him. He nodded eagerly, and shuffled closer towards Cecil.

The next person to shuffle closer to Cecil was Hana, observing Alric curiously. "Cecil, is this the new soul you were telling me about?"

"Yes, Alric, this is Hana Katae."

"Hello! It's nice to finally meet you!" Hana hopped right into his face, beaming as she waved. "You are very different from Xue!"

Alric responded with a shy smile. "Hello...Hana..."

There was a mysterious glint in Cecil's eyes, and she slipped away from their side, not before saying a few words. "The two of you can chat, I'll inform Zasiok and the others of this situation first."

"Okayyy!" Hana agreed immediately.

Alric panicked, reaching out to pinch the sleeves of her simple, egyptian blue dress. After they reached the healer's house, they were fortunately provided spare clothes to change into.

"Cecil--"

I want to stay by your side.

Alric wanted to say those words, but Hana unfortunately dragged him away, excited at knowing another alter of Xue. Cecil watched as they departed, Alric wearing the look of an abandoned pet on his face.

However, on the inside, Cecil was jumping for joy at the chance for Alric to know Hana.

"Cecil, would you mind explaining?" Zasiok approached Cecil, the first to recover among the remaining people in the hut.

Cecil blinked in surprise.

He still can't sense it after seeing the switch? Hmm, Zasiok must be one of those stubborn souls.

"You ever heard of multiple personalities, Zasiok?"

***

In the end, Cecil decided it was better for Zaisok to figure out who Xue actually was on his own. Alric and Hana were called back, to discuss the plans to infiltrate the infamous black market here in Puleun, with Alric playing a major role.

Alric was unconfident on taking the role, but with a few, persuading words from Cecil, he accepted it. He was the only one among them with the knowledge in the craft of trading after all.

Due to his contrasting demeanour, compared to Xue, no one could relate him to Xue after changing his attire completely. Even his spear has been placed aside with Hana taking extra care of it.

Knowing Hana was afraid scary places, Cecil convinced her not to join.

Cecil knew Xue wouldn't like it if Hana was in such a shady place anyway. Though, what Cecil didn't know was Xue wasn't eager for her to enter such a shady place either.

Hence, it was only three of them, Alric, Cecil and Zasiok that ventured on this journey to the black market, to locate the conspicuous robe.

"Are you ready, Alric?"