• 35 •

Warning: This chapter contains mild gory descriptions and strong violence. For those who are easily squeamish, you can skip the descriptions.

Yelena noticed the statue-like state of Xue, raising her eyebrows in suspicion. She glanced at Cecil, who was holding onto her arm and Alric was panicking, flailing his limbs about as Cecil calmed him down.

It seemed like she said something to him, and he rushed off within a heartbeat.

Yelena glanced back at Xue, smiling knowingly, a wicked glint in her eyes.

The words uttered by Yelena were also heard clearly by Kai on the inside.

Kai: "Wh-what did she just say?"

Kai: "Cecil...will die? Cecil will die?! N-no, that can't happen! Yo-you can't let that happen, Xue!"

Xue: "..."

Kai: "Xue? Hey, are you listening? Why are you not moving? Why are you not killing, for once?! Why are you being so quiet? Do something! Cecil...Cecil is going to die!"

Xue: "..."

Xue grimaced, squeezing his eyes close in pain as he felt Kai fighting for control over his body.

Kai: "If you aren't going to do anything, let me do it! I should have known, you clearly do not care about Cecil in the slightest, do you?! You only have Hana in your damn mind!"

Hearing those last few words, Xue snapped his eyes open, and anyone could see he was in turmoil. His hand had turned white from gripping the spear too hard.

Kai: "You bastard! Let me take over! Unlike you, I care for Cecil! I care for her a whole damn lot! Since she doesn't even matter to you--"

Xue: "SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH."

Xue heard Yelena laughing in amusement opposite him, and she was staring at him with interest.

"I have an inkling to what you actually are, and why my chakarm doesn't affect you. Hah, but to think that you would--"

Within a heartbeat, Xue had already appeared in front of her.

Yelena was startled, she couldn't react at all.

How did he--

Xue grabbed her by the neck, lifting her up into the air with one hand.

Yelena hadn't comprehended what just occured, when she felt his callous hand tightening aroun her throat. Yelena's expression twisted in pain, she was beginning to choke and she tugged at his hand.

It did nothing.

Yelena was horrified, she was by no means weak but the sheer strength Xue currently possessed overwhelmed her completely.

She maneuvered her body, kicking Xue and even managing to punch him.

It did nothing too.

The atmosphere around Xue started to change drastically.

He was hostile before, but now, he was ferocious and Yelena could sense how bloodthirsty he was.

It was all directed to her.

Only to her.

Yelena began feel something clawing at her stomach, squeezing its way up to her chest; her heart.

Fear.

Something that she hardly felt.

Trembling involuntarily, she could sense the killing intent from Xue, his hand tightening further.