• 183 •

After recovering from the two strange dreams he had, Xue found himself back inside the space of his mind. The soul fragments surrounded him, jabbering about how he had finally returned and he disregarded them.

Xue frowned deeply, contemplating.

Veau, that bastard.

He really sent my soul back into the depths.

Isleif was the only one not among the soul fragments crowding around Xue, instead, he was sullen. Xue had returned back too quickly for his own liking.

"...how long was I unconscious for?"

"Hours." Zasiok answered.

Xue sighed, closing his eyes as he stood up from the couch.

"Who is in control of the body now?"

"The one with the yellow hair." Shin responded.

"..."

"..then Cecil..."

Alric spoke up this time. "W-we still haven't...found her..."

Zasiok stepped forward, his arms across his chest. "I'll explain the situation to you."

Zasiok started explaining, and the more he went on, the worse Xue's expression became. It escalated to the point where every one of them could feel the murderous aura drifting out of Xue.

Alric flinched, hiding behind Leonaut. Leonaut only glanced at Alric hiding behind him, raising his eyebrows.

The others only took a step back, feeling uneasy.

Kai: "What's this? I can feel it!"

Kai: "Xue is awake, isn't he?"

Xue: "I'll take over."

Kai could hear the anger lacing Xue's words and he licked his lips nervously.

Kai: "O-okay."

On the outside, Kai halted abruptly.

He could hear the anger lacing Xue's words and he licked his lips nervously.

He had been running around, trying to find clues and traces of anyone familiar, especially Rugi. However, it was futile, and with each passing second, his concern for Cecil grew more and more.

His mind was muddled and with Xue still unconscious earlier, locating Rugi by following his soul was impossible. With only the soul fragments, they could only sense Rugi if he was nearby.

Kai stood still, preparing for Xue to take control of the body as he closed his eyes.

"..."

Xue: "..."

Kai opened his eyes, still finding himself in control of the body. He blinked rapidly, bewildered.

Kai: "...why aren't you taking over?"

Xue: "..."

On the inside, the soul fragments were equally bewildered. It was only Leonaut among them who recovered from the shock first and began to smirk.

Leonaut: "It seems like...Xue is unable to regain control."

Kai: "Wh-what?"

Zasiok: "..."

Alric: "Th-then what now?"

Shin: "We still need to find Cecil either way."

Isleif: "...pathetic."