Bonus: Khalida

-1 Week Later-

Grimm walked through the open building towards the massive room Traviere resided in and knelt at the entrance so Traviere could let him inside. He beckons him to come forward and Grimm gave him a look of fear.

Traviere: Explain your face.

Grimm: She...She's a monster.

Traviere: Is she now?

Grimm: Her training was a success. She slaughtered those Cypulers like they were air.

Traviere: All of them?

Grimm: All 1,258 of them.

Traviere: Did she spare any?

Grimm: One...She demanded he report to you to tell of her success.

Grimm reaches behind him and throws a bloodied and beaten Cypuler to the ground in front of him and it whimpered and let out cries of pain as its broken body laid on the ground.

Traviere: Explain the simulation.

Cypuler: ...S-She...She will not...fail...

The Cypuler fell to the ground dead. Traviere waved over Rhykon to take care of the body and Kharvelien stood close by and gave a look to Grimm and he nodded back.

Traviere: My Commanders...We seem to have a newcomer who is better than all of you. Megan, come forward.

Meggy came walking down the long hall towards Traviere and the others. She wasn't nearly as tall as the others and Rhykon attempted to approach her and mock her a bit. He earned a heavy blade slash below his eye and a swift kick to his side, sending him to his knees with a grunt of pain. He brought his clawed hand to his eye to see if there was any bleeding and growled at her as she continued on without a single expression on her face. She got in front of them and knelt to Traviere.

Meggy: Lord Traviere...I ask your critique on my performance.

Traviere: Wonderful, Megan. In return, you may have one desire granted to you.

She looked up to Traviere, her gaze a bit softer, but still cold.

Meggy: I request a new name. It's too...human.

Traviere: You may have as you wish.

Traviere thought for a second and got up and walked up to her, looking down at her.

Traviere: A name that means deathless and might, unstoppable and true...I bestow a commander's name upon you...Khalida.

Khalida knelt down and thanked Traviere for the new position and he excused her and waved the others forward.

Traviere: I expect you to treat Khalida with respect. She wouldn't want to feel unwelcome now, would she?

Grimm: No, she would not.

Rhykon: I shall not test her again.

Kharvelien: .....

Kharvelien stayed silent even when Traviere requested that he voice his opinion and he looked to Traviere and he let him stay behind with Khalida while the other two were excused. When Traviere felt they were far enough, he waved Kharvelien forward and he knelt apologetically at Khalida.

Kharvelien: I hope you accept my apologies...Khalida. I misunderstood your potential and came to conclusions too fast.

Khalida took a few steps towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Khalida: No need to be sorry. Just don't assume me again.

He feels a crushing squeeze on his shoulder and tries to stay upright, but Khalida didn't let go.

Khalida: Bow.

Kharvelien did as he was told and bowed to the ground so she would let go of his shoulder and once she felt he was listening, she turned away from him and faced Traviere while Kharvelien got up slowly, cradling his injured shoulder.

Traviere: You've got style. I like that in a commander...a true commander.

Khalida kneels again in thanks.

Traviere: No need to kneel in my prescence, Khalida. You've earned my reverence.

She stood up and Traviere noticed that she was still in her bloodied clothing from earlier and snarled and looked to Kharvelien.

Traviere: Bring her to get some new wears.

Kharvelien: Yes, my lord.

Traviere: Watch her too.

Kharvelien: But-

Traviere: Do it.

Kharvelien escorted her away and to a place called the Isles. It is a place where new or existing commanders are outfitted into new armor and given new weapons that fit them personally. He brought her in and did as he was told and watched her change out of her clothes and into the armor. He thought it was strange to watch her change. He had never seen anything like her before. She looked towards him with a glare that told him alone to stop staring at her and he broke eye contact immediately, sighing in relief.

Khalida: What? Never watch a woman change clothes before?

Kharvelien: *ashamed* ...No.

Khalida: Are you enjoying it?

Kharvelien: No.

Khalida: Good.

Kharvelien doesn't look to her again until she was fully dressed and was astonished at the armor she had chosen.

Kharvelien: Lord Traviere will love it.

Khalida: I know.

Kharvelien: I bet you also can't wait to tear apart those Quantum dwellers.

Khalida: Quantum?

Kharvelien: Lord Traviere will tell you in due time.

Khalida: I hope so. These ones sound like a fair fight...unlike your so called Cypuler army.

Kharvelien: They will be strong, but you are stronger...you will kill their captain first.

Khalida: I can't wait...