Chapter 2: A New Kind of Love

Pioneer Infirmary
9:38P.M.

Mario and Ace followed two people guiding Meggy on a stretcher into the Infirmary. Once they were in a room, she was hooked up to an EKG and an IV drip. Meggy laid on the bed, looking around, almost a bit confused and Ace stood by her side, holding her hand tightly in his.

Meggy: I never knew that this was going I be so intensive.

Ace: You're about to give birth. I would say this is a very intensive process and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Meggy: Well no shit. I just thought it would be different now...because we are technically not with the same tech as before.

Mario: We have safe enough technology to keep you perfectly fine.

Meggy: I hope so.

She suddenly gasps as she brings her hands to her abdomen as she tenses up in pain.

Paramedic: She needs a room. Now!

She is wheeled off by two paramedics into a separate section of the building before being escorted by an official to her room shortly later. Mario and Ace both walked nervously without saying a word to each other the whole way and then was asked to wait outside the room. Mario grimaced as he listened to Meggy's pained outbursts as nurses and doctors waited around her. He looked to Ace with the same nervous look he had on his own face.

Unknown Location

36 miles NW of Terras Maiden

Heavy footsteps covered the ground as a black and red Carnotaurus walked along a grassy path towards a grouping of strange looking creatures. The person riding on the back of the Carno looked suspicious and a little uneasy as the small horned creatures stared back at him, some even growling. The person looked towards the horned beast and aimed his bow at them tauntingly. This made it growl even more and attempt to lunge at him. That turned out quickly to be a mistake as the Carno ripped into the beast's neck and threw it to the side, breaking its neck. The others started backing away into a grouping of trees as the snarling dinosaur stared at them all, challenging them to come closer.

???: Stand down.

The Carno huffed as it looked towards the darkness in front of it and the person riding on the back of it also looked towards something standing in the darkness, holding the reigns of the Carno steady.

???: You must really have courage showing up here.

???: And who are you?

The person riding the Carno aims his bow at the creature and all it does is lift up one of its rocky hands and a large amount of the smaller beasts starting advancing forward slowly until he lowered his bow.

???: This is not the right way to introduce ourselves.

???: Clearly.

Alphacore: The name's Alphacore.

SMG3: ...SMG3.

Alphacore: Are you related to the one with a four in his name?

SMG3: It's...complicated...but yes.

Alphacore: Then why...should I not kill you right now?

SMG3: Because...I have outside sources telling me that you want some people dead really badly.