Chapter 9: A Looming Shadow (parts 1 and 2)

Traviere stood looking over what remained of his Cypuler army. Multiple attacks had failed across the regions of space, very little kills being made and most attacks resulting in panicking and fleeing Cypulers. Traviere was already angry enough with his army, but the biggest loss that angered him most, was with the Quantum-7.

Traviere: You...are all...useless!

He throws a stone out of anger into the crowd and the ones in the area where it landed flinched in fear. The others nearest to him backed away.

Traviere: You cannot disappoint me even more than losing not one, not two, but SIX Quantums!?

Cypuler: Sire...we-

Traviere: I don't want your pity talks!

While Traviere was busy yelling at his failing army, Grimm walked up to him with a smug look on its face. Traviere turned towards him unexpectedly and growled at him.

Grimm: Sorry, my lord. I did not mean to disturb your...

He looks out to the army.

Grimm: ...Disappointing militia.

Traviere: What do you have to say that must bring you to my presence?

Grimm: It's about the Quantum dash seven, Lord Traviere.

Traviere: That's a stupid title you gave that thing...go on.

Grimm: I come with news of the death of their Captain.

Traviere: The Captain is dead?

Grimm: Yes. He is.

Traviere: That must leave the ship's defenses that much lower. Without a leader, where could they possibly go?

Grimm: There...is only...one slight problem about that, sir.

Traviere's tone changed from a bit of excitement to acting like he was being disturbed.

Traviere: What is it?

Grimm kneels down and speaks apologetically.

Grimm: The red one...Mayro? Uh...Mayo?

Traviere: Mario.

Grimm: Yes. Mario. *exhale* He has assumed the rank of Captain after his death.

Traviere: *yelling* He what!?

His yelling caused all the Cypulers to back away and scramble in a frenzy, desperate to not be a part of his rage, but one unlucky Cypuler was within his sight.

Traviere: You!

Cypuler: *gulp*

Traviere: Yeah...you! Get up here!

The Cypuler makes its way slowly up to him and he grabs the creature by its neck and hoists it above the ground. It starts to struggle and gasp for air as he tightened his grip around its neck, his claws starting to tear through its thin, rubbery skin.

Traviere: Do you have any idea how upset I am right now?

The being seems to try and say something, but it couldn't muster the breath to do so.

Traviere: Am i right?

The Cypuler continues to gasp for air and its ashen face gets even more pale than it already was.

Traviere: Am I right!?

Cypuler: ...Y-Yes...

He throws the small creature down to the ground and it scampers away, terrified for its life.