Chapter 1: Earth Population: 12,378

7 Months Later

Green trees and grassland covered the area. It was all that could be seen for miles. The light chirp of prehistoric birds and the screams of Pteranodons filled the skies as a herd of Triceratops grazed an open field. A sudden noise, like a tree falling over, resounding like a gunshot, filled the air and they lifted their heads to listen for the unknown sound again and looked around, confused. They stood around, letting their young get in between them while they scanned their surroundings for any sign of danger. The faint sound of an engine reached their ears and the seemingly leader of the trikes bellowed out as two Trenchers came rolling into the open field from the thickets to their sides. The Triceratops' started running the opposite direction from the two approaching vehicles. The Trencher on the left had a spray painted number seven on the side of it with flame designs and the other had a one with lightning streaks of black and white. The roar of the W-16 engines ripped through the air as the machines traversed the open grassland, approaching the back side of the herd. The two Trenchers traverse across the field with extraordinary speed, sending dust plumes up behind them. Each Trencher was equipped with a turret mount, armor plates, and a few spots of rust were actually starting to form on the sides of them. Side windows were taken off and replaced with heavy armor with small ports to look through, and the interiors were completely remodeled to fit everyone without any walls separating them.

INFERNOTrident Presents

???: Round em' up!

A voice had called through a radio at the Trencher with the seven on it and a hand reaches over to pick it up, keeping an eye on the herd. He responded through the radio with excitement in his voice.

Mario: You got it, cap! Watch for the horns!

???: I ain't two, Mario. I got this.

Mario: Sure, grandpa. you got this...

???: I ain't that old!

He laughs to himself as he sets down the radio and kneels down until he was back inside the Trencher. Both of the vehicles had their tops cut off to make the Trenchers appear more like off road safari Jeeps. Mario watches the Lightning design Trencher veer off to the left to get on the other side of the herd to keep them in a single direction. He then takes a seat next to Tari, who was holding a tracking device and a rifle.

Mario: Make sure you land the hit.

Tari: I won't miss. I've got this!

Mario: Be careful then.

Tari: Don't worry about me, Mario. I can do this.

She slowly stands and grips the frame of the Trencher to hold herself up as the fresh air and wind hits her face. She sets down the rifle and breaks the back of it away from the barrel to load the device into the chamber. She snaps the two ends back together after loading the gun and mounts it to a small area that was designed to hold the rifle still. She sets the scope to her liking and watches for the Trikes to come into view.