Chapter 10: A Breakup!?

-March 15th, 2021-

Today, was a terrible day for Mario. He had lost contact with Luigi after he suddenly went missing at his mansion, SMG4 called him names right in front of everyone else that embarrassed him, Toadsworth was dead and Peach wouldn't stop coming to Mario for help, and Meggy...was no longer his girlfriend. Mario sat at his house sulking all day that day, not doing anything or going anywhere, he was just thinking about the events that all happened within 2 days of each other.

-2 Days ago-

Luigi: Mario, I need to go and test a new invention for E. Gadd. I'll be back in a day or two. If I don't text you tomorrow, that means I'm either busy, or missing from another ghost.

Mario: Okay, Luigi. Please stay safe. I don't want to have to take care of the house by myself.

Luigi: There's always Meggy.

Mario: I don't think we are ready to move in together.

Luigi: I never said she needed to move in. I mean that she couldn't spend a day or two here while I'm gone.

Mario: That's...actually a good idea, Luigi. I haven't spoken to her in a few days actually. This'll be a good time to reconnect.

Luigi: I'm happy that you're considering it. She's a keeper, Mario. Don't screw it up.

Mario: Have you seen us in the past year and a half? We are best buds!

Luigi: More like a great couple, but whatever. I'll see you in a few days. Please don't destroy anything while I'm gone.

Mario: You don't need to worry, Luigi. I'll most likely not be home most of the time.

Luigi: That would be better. Doesn't matter what you do. Just keep the house clean and not in pieces.

Luigi walks out the door, leaving Mario to himself. He immediately starts to smile and runs to find his phone so he can call Meggy.

Meggy: (sounding exhausted) Hello?

Mario: Oh...did I wake you up?

Meggy: Yes...but that's okay. What's up?

Mario: The sky.

Meggy: .......

Mario: Hehe...I was wondering: Luigi is gone and I'm alone here for the next few days. Would you like to...spend a day or two here?

Meggy: I think I'd love that, Red. I'll be there closer to noon.

Mario: Okay! Love you, Meggy.

Meggy: I love you too, Red.

Mario set down the phone in excitement for her arrival. But before noon came, he got another call, and it was from Peach.

Mario: What does she want this time? This better be good.

He walks over to pick up the phone and spoke his usual line info it.

Mario: What is it?

Peach: (sounding distressed) Mario...I...I need your help. My father...he is very ill right now...and...I need to know if you know anything that'll help him.

Mario: Let me think about it...no.

Mario hangs up with a smug look on his face and walks back towards his couch to wait for Meggy, but then another call came, and it was SMG4.

Mario: Oh my gosh...what now?

Mario picks up the phone and waits for SMG4 to start speaking.

SMG4: Hey, Mario. I need you to come to the castle, right now.