Chapter 5: Danger

Meggy: Ow! Watch it!

Axol: Sorry. Quit moving then.

Meggy: It's kind of hard to stop moving when you won't stop poking and prodding at me!

Axol: Just stay still.

Axol picks up a pair of tweezers and reaches into the bullet hole in Meggy's shoulder. She tenses up and winces in pain, but she bites her lip to keep quiet. Mario sat in a chair nearby, trying to stay where he was, but seeing her in this condition made him want to go to her and just make sure she was okay...maybe hold her hand or just stand next to her so she could be more relaxed.

Mario: Axol?

Axol: I'm kind of busy. What do you need?

Mario: I think you should let me help.

Axol: How would you help?

His grip on the tweezers slip slightly and he earns a smack on the arm from Meggy.

Axol: Ow! Hey!

Meggy: Careful!

Axol: I would be more careful, if you stay quiet and stop moving!

Mario: How about you let me at least stand next to her?

Meggy: That would be appreciated.

Axol: ...Okay, fine. Get over here.

Mario jumps up off a seat he was sitting at and walks over to the other side of Meggy and he looks down at her hand to see it was clutching the table she was sitting on very tightly, making her knuckles white. He brushes his hand against hers and she looks over to him to see him offering his hand.

Meggy: ...Thanks.

Mario: Anytime, Meggy.

Axol looked at them for a few seconds before turning his gaze back to Meggy's shoulder and preparing another try at getting the bullet. He poked her on accident and she jumped.

Meggy: Okay! That's enough!

Axol: Goddammit, Meggy! Sit still!

Meggy: I will not! I'm not liking a metal stick reaching into my flesh!

Axol: Well your shirt is getting in the way, and you said that you'd like to keep it on, so-

Meggy: Are you telling me to strip?

Mario: *jokingly* Nice, Axol.

Axol: Shut up.

Meggy looks the the side for a moment, pondering something, sighs and begins removing her shirt. Mario gave her some help when she reached her wounded shoulder and she gave Axol a look when she noticed he was not looking away as he was waiting. He rolled his eyes and turned his head away a little bit as Mario helped her get the rest of the shirt off. She snapped her fingers to get his attention again when he didn't turn back right away. Meggy points to her eyes and her shoulder when it seemed Axol's eyes were beginning to wander.

Meggy: Eyes up here, bud.

Axol: I know. It's not like your sitting completely unclothed in front of me.

Meggy: So you're saying that you would stare if-

Axol: No! Damn! Fuck! You're married!

Meggy: That doesn't mean other men don't stare.

Axol: That's not what I'm trying to-...*sigh* Just let me get this stupid thing out.

Meggy: I should get shot more often. This is fun.