Chapter 13: Kepler 69-c

The Quantum-7's thrusters boomed throughout the sky of the Earth as E. Gadd and his crew started ascending the atmosphere to find the worm hole that projected them into the past. With thrusters white hot and the millions of tons of material lifting further into the sky, The Quantum-7 escaped the atmosphere without a problem and orbited the Earth until E. Gadd found the worm hole close to the Moon.

E. Gadd: There it is. Chris, could you line us up?

Chris: I'd be glad to do that. I don't want to be here any longer.

Chris rushes over and takes the ship into manual and guides it slowly to line up with the worm hole.

Swag: Are the damages repaired?

E. Gadd: Of course they are! I even took the time to install a risky yet working Nav system.

Chris: You fixed the radar?

E. Gadd: Try it. I let it sit for an hour or two before powering it on.

Chris: It actually does work! I can see the Earth and the Moon on it!

E. Gadd: Yes! We now have a better chance to navigate the cosmos!

Swag: But how much range does it have?

E. Gadd: The originals had about a light years span, this one...maybe a trillion miles?

Chris: We will have much less warning about any incoming threats while in Warp Drive, E. Gadd.

E. Gadd: Then we will just have to try harder to keep us, passengers, and the ship safe.

Chris: Better hope that you're keeping that promise.

E. Gadd: Trust me...I will.

Meanwhile, in the Cell Block below the engine room:

Mario: Since Desti is back, I'm able to get you out of your cell for two weeks. That's fourteen days to do whatever you want with us.

Meggy: You're serious?

Mario: Yep. I most definitely am.

Meggy: Red...I don't know if a date is enough to repay you. You have no idea how grateful I am that I was able to see her again.

Mario: We will figure something out soon enough.

Meggy: I'm sure we will.

Mario smiles and closes the gap between them, ignoring Luigi and Tari as they enter the room to see them.

Luigi: (to Tari) Are they...too attached?

Tari: You could say that, but they have a strong bond. I think they're perfect for each other.

Luigi: I'm not saying that I disagree, my bro deserves someone who does truly care for him...and I'm glad that Meggy is that one.

Meggy: (pulling away) I'm the one of what?

Luigi: N-Nothing. I was just talking with Tari.

Meggy: About?

Tari: We both we're discussing how cute you two are together.