Chapter 1: Lost In Space

-Four Weeks Ago-

*Bam*

Something hits the ground from falling off of something. The object lay very still. A crying sound could be heard in the background. The sounds were coming from the empty, lowly lit room. The crying intensified...getting ever worse.

???: (crying) Oh god...*heavy breathing* what do I do now?

A plumber dressed in red and blue was holding a girl, seemingly in her early twenties in his arms. She had orange hair with a stained, ripped white shirt on with brown shorts on with high-legged brown shoes on. The girl had a heavy bruise around her neck and a rope was laying to the side of the two on the ground. The red plumber looked towards the rope and then at the girl multiple times before speaking again to the dead body in his arms.

Red Plumber: Why? Just why did you do it, Meggy?

The plumber was looking down to the girl's body proclaimed to be Meggy and let tears fall from his eyes as he held her as close to him as he could.

Red Plumber: I just don't understand why you did it. I know that Traviere has been a problem for us, but...*tensing* Suicide wasn't the answer!

Meggy: .....

Red Plumber: So I just try and wrap my mind around this and hope that all will be better tomorrow? No! You shouldn't have done this! You shouldn't have!

He punches the ground near her head and he impacts a necklace that was next to her head and he reeled back in pain from the sharp object. Blood slowly began dripping from his wounded knuckles and he returned to his mourning, leaning over her body and panting heavily as he sobbed some more, but felt movement from Meggy's body when he was able to calm down the slightest.

Red Plumber: *gasp* M-Meggy?

No movement was detected from the plumber after that, and he gave in and flopped to the ground next to her, staring at the ceiling above them with hopelessness in his eyes.

Red Plumber: So I guess this is how it all ends, huh?

Meggy: .....

Red Plumber: I must going insane still talking...You're not even *sniffle* alive anymore.

He turned his head to face the still body next to him and just watched her. Nothing else. Almost as if he was waiting for something to happen. Then, just before he turned his head to face the ceiling again, he saw her chest slowly rise up like she was breathing in and out very slowly before it stopped again.

Red Plumber: What the-? I-It can't be...

Meggy: *slight breath*

Red Plumber: W-What? I can't believe it.

Meggy: *gasp!* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

Red Plumber: Oh my god! Meggy!?

Meggy: *cough* Wh-Wha? M-Mario..?

Mario: It's me, Meggy, I'm here...

She lay in his arms, barely breathing. Her breaths were raspy and labored as her lungs struggled to take air in. Mario stared down at her practically lifeless body and leaned down to kiss her forehead with tears of joy, his body shaking with tears and adrenaline.

INFERNOTrident Presents