Chapter 12: The Nightmare

In orbit of Vara-5, The Quantum-7 was getting ready to make a Warp Drive back to Azriel, where the Basroil was waiting for them and use it to venture to Ricitua. Mario was filled with rage the whole time he took the ship to orbit and started preparing for the Warp Drive. Pronged was directed by others to watch him on the Command Deck because they were afraid his outburst of anger could cause him to be too hard on the controls. When Mario came aboard the Command Deck, he saw Pronged already working with the controls and the Quantum A.I. seemed to be working with him too, and something about it bothered Mario. Not that Pronged was piloting, he probably trusted him piloting more than himself at the moment, what bothered him was the fact that Pronged could get all these components to work, and he couldn't figure it out himself, even with the A.I. helping him. Pronged turned around and saw Mario standing at the entrance and waved him up. Mario walked slowly towards him, taking in the preparations that have already been made for them to start towards Azriel to board the Basroil.

Mario: So...why can't you call the Basoil here?

Pronged: Hmm? Oh, that can't be done from here. We are too far away for me to call it.

Mario: So signals can't go that far?

Pronged: They can...it's just that she's a little old and in need of some repairs.

Mario: When was the last time it was taken in?

Pronged: When my Grandfather was the Captain.

Mario: Damn, that's what: fifty plus years?

Pronged: Three hundred seventy two.

Mario: Woah...you have that long of a lifespan?

Pronged: Yeah, our lifespans are about two hundred fifty years. What about you?

Mario: Between seventy five and one hundred.

Pronged: You don't live long at all.

Mario: It feels like forever at some times.

Pronged: Well, I can say that we can reduce the time you are away from your love so you can live more with her.

Mario: Thanks, Pronged. Without you...we...probably would've crashed by now.

Pronged: How many years of flight experience do you have?

Mario: About...three months?

Pronged: Why are you flying this thing?

Mario: Our old captain wanted me to take it.

Pronged: So you did? With little to no prior training?

Mario: Yes?

Pronged: Yeah...I'm flying.

Mario: I can't complain.

Pronged stepped up to the controls and started engaging all the systems to go into a minor Warp Drive and set the distance flawlessly and was even setting coordinates without even looking at the panels. Mario watched in shock as he completed all pre-flight tasks in a matter of two minutes.

Pronged: You might wanna find a seat.

Mario: .....

Pronged: Oi! Captain! Sit!

Mario snaps out of his small trance and immediately sits.

Mario: Yep. Already seated.

Pronged slowly starts up the thrusters and engages the Warp Drive towards Azriel, and they sped off into space, a few small pieces of the thrusters being left behind. While in the Warp Drive Pronged tried something out by pressing Flash Drive to get them there faster, and they immediately stopped, and Mario wondered what he had done, but then saw Azriel looming next to them along with the Basroil.