Chapter 5: A Second Chance

Not even an hour after power was restored to the Quantum, everyone was gathered in a hallway outside of their rooms to discuss the miracle of an event that had just happened. Everyone was either celebrating the return of power, or confused at the amount of light flooding the halls. It had been almost eight weeks since they had any sort of power like this. It was almost difficult to keep your eyes wide open in the brightly lit halls.

Mario: How is this even possible? What even happened to cause this?

Saiko: Im not sure, but I'm just glad that power is restored.

Luigi: Now that we have power back, though, that also brings us to the next problem: How do we get moving again?

Boopkins: Can't we just turn on the engine again?

Meggy: No, it can't be that simple. It never is.

Bowser: Where would we even go if power to the engines is restored?

Saiko: *tauntingly* Uh...home.

Bowser: Never mind.

E. Gadd: We are straying a way from what our goal is, guys. We need to now figure out a way to restore power to the Quantum Transporter.

Mario: But the things bust. We can't go anywhere unless you've got a couple billion dollars lying around to get a new one.

Luigi: Or even to build one.

E. Gadd: Build one? Where would we-oh...

Meggy: What is it?

Bob: I'm kInD of CurIoUs abOuT tHis.

E. Gadd: We do have a second engine.

Axol: We do? Well where is it?

E. Gadd: This is where things get annoying: It's all over the ship.

Mario: What do you mean all over the ship?

E. Gadd: Parts of it. When I built the ships, I stored multiple different parts around the ship.

Meggy: So are you proposing that we go on a scavenger hunt for these parts?

E. Gadd: If that's what you call it, then yes.

Luigi: How many parts are there?

E. Gadd: Well...*counting to self* ...Too many.

Axol: The engine alone is over thirty square feet, and that's not including the insulating shell around it. It will take weeks to find and assemble all of the parts.

E. Gadd: That's why I have a failsafe...

-Thirty Minutes Later-

E. Gadd lays down a map of the entire Quantum on the main table aboard the Command Deck and points out a few key locations.

E. Gadd: These spots there is a guaranteed item. In total, there is over seventy parts, so we will dedicate two hours a day in searching for them.

Mario: That could take weeks! We are talking about a scavenger hunt within a five mile border. Five miles!

Saiko: It can't be that bad, what if they are in the most convenient places to find?