Chapter 10: Uncertainty

Steps were heard across the line hallway of the royal room of Emperor Kaus. A person in a royal purple cloak walked up to the throne and pushed the Emperor off of the throne, who just flopped to the ground, and a goblet laid on the ground with a liquid falling out of it. The person had Kaus drink some sort of poison that killed him in a matter of seconds. The person picked up the strange decorative items that Kaus had claimed to be a crown and placed it on his own head after removing the blue hat that was once there. Before him, stood multiple Aeterna Gaurds who were now bowing to him with weapons out of sight as he had the crown of the Emperor on. He sets his old hat on the ground next to his seat and sat down, facing the guards.

Aeterna Guard: We await your commands, Emperor.

SMG3: Hmm...How about this: I know that there are two fugitives who are trying to smuggle some people out of the city. As your ruler who is the best ever and will always be the best ever, my first directory to you is: Do not let anyone leave, no matter the reason! I am not allowing those fools to get back to their ships!

Aeterna Guard: Yes, my Lord. At your service.

SMG3: Good. Now go. Capture them.

Aeterna Guard: Would you like them live?

SMG3: Dead or alive works for me. But at least get one alive. I want to try and get a kill.

Aeterna Guard: Hail Emperor Three.

The guard salutes and escorts two more with him to exit the massive room. SMG3 leaned back in his seat and looked over to the dead body of Kaus.

SMG3: Maybe I should do this more often when I take over new realms. This is fun.

He then notices that the previous Emperor's eyes were still open.

SMG3: What are you looking at?

Tari: What a ghost town...

Tari, SMG4, Meggy, and Mario exited the Forerunner and walked along a deserted street of Terras Maiden. Everything was the way they left it. Nothing was tossed around like garbage, nothing was broken. Whoever was left behind just up and left.

Mario: What would cause everyone to just abandon the town? This doesn't make much sense.

Tari: There's got to be someone left. We are going to need more backup in order to save everyone else.

SMG4: I just hope they are okay. What if the dinosaur rampage finds them?

Tari: They'll be okay. I know it. Some of them just don't know how to give up.

Mario: Sometimes it's almost annoying.

Meggy: That's something Alphacore or Traviere would say.

Mario: Nah. He'd say it is annoying.

SMG4: How long has it been since we left Aeterna Remedium? I'm starving.

Meggy: Shoot. I forgot about the time it took too. Osiris is probably starving.

She runs to the Forerunner and takes him out of it, carrying him back to the others. Osiris was clearly upset and showing signs of starvation.