Epilogue: Starting Over

Two weeks after landing back on Earth, the Quantum passengers unloaded onto Earth's surface for the first time. Mario shielded his eyes from the sun as the Blast Doors opened for the first time on Earth in almost two years since the initial launch. they walked down to the surface and helped Meggy through the rough terrain and kept an eye on the others as they made their way through thick underbrush and listened to the life around them. They heard the bugs and small creatures around them and tried to steer clear of anything suspicious.

SMG4: Weren't there dinosaurs during this time?

Axol: Yeah...there were...I'm just afraid of coming across one.

Meggy: I'm more afraid of what they'd look like.

They continued slowly through the underbrush until they could see another group headed right for them. The leader of them, most likely the Captain, was just taller than Mario by about two inches and had defining facial hair growing on his face and multiple small scars on his left cheek like he was a victim of shrapnel at one point.

Mario: Quantum crew?

Survivor: Yeah. You?

Mario: Seven.

Survivor: Six.

Mario: It's great to see you all in person.

Survivor: And you must be Seven's Captain?

Mario: Yeah, and these are my friends and crew.

He motions to the others around him and the seemingly Captain of the Quantum-6 walked closer to Mario.

Gerard: The name is Gerard, and I am-

Mario: Captain of the Six. Your suit-

Gerard: Well, duh. It's easy to tell by the outfits, silly me.

Mario: It's all good.

Mario looks around.

Mario: Where are the others?

Gerard: Quantum One and crew should be coming from this direction, and the Three from that way, but I'm not too sure yet.

He turns to Meggy.

Gerard: My, my...Are you pregnant?

Meggy: Early stages, but yeah.

Gerard: What idiot would get you pregnant in such conditions you were in?

Mario scratches the back of his neck nervously and Gerard notices quickly.

Gerard: You slept with the Captain?

Meggy: He wasn't the Captain until recently.

The bushes and branches moved around as more crews started making their way into the small clearing of trees and Meggy heard someone calling her name from behind her.

???: ...M...Megan?

She turns around to the voice and makes eye contact with an older inkling...or human...maybe even some sort of Inkling/Human hybrid. Her eyes initially narrowed at the mention of her real name, but then softened when she saw it was just more Quantum crews. He was leading a group of others that wore Quantum-1 titled suits. He had a very faint orange hue to his already greying hair and had a bit of facial hair growing on him, but he had small facial features of an Inkling. He wore a suit similar to her own, but with the sign Quantum-1 on it. The suit he wore had multiple badges on it, most likely a Captain's suit. He had a strange appearance. He was definitely human, but he also looked Inkling. He also looked strangely familiar to Meggy...until she realized who he was, and gasped.

Meggy: *heavy breathing* ...........Dad?...

————————————————

Quantum 2
———Lost in Space———

————————————————