Chapter 11: Ricitua

Cold, dark, wet, lonely. That's how Meggy felt in the room she was in. She could freely walk around, but could not find a single way of knowing if there was a door in the room. It was just too dark, and every time Traviere walked in, she could not see any evidence that he came in through a door. It was like he opened a section of the wall and walked in, then closed it, leaving no seam or anything for her to work with. By day 9, Meggy started to think she was seeing things in the dark whenever Traviere wasn't in the room. It was the ninth day she has not eaten anything and she was starting to lose her sanity. She walked into a wall while lost in thought and she swore, she could see Mario standing right in front of her, smiling back at her with open arms, waiting for her. She ran towards him with all her might, ready for the embrace, tears running down her face as she enveloped him in a tight hug and leaned in to kiss him, but stopped when she felt some sort of fuzz on the thing and yelped and threw it across the room, making it slam against the wall with a thud. It sounded like it was small and definitely alive, until it spoke.

???: Ow! What the hell!?

Meggy: Oh my god...a talking fur ball.

???: Fur ball? I'm covered in feathers, lady.

Meggy: That's not feathers.

Meggy was now pressed up against the wall, trying to remain as far away and clam from whatever was getting off the ground. It appeared about a foot tall in her limited vision and she thought she saw it start towards her slowly.

Meggy: S-Stay back!

???: Lady, I can't even hurt you. Why are you so afraid?

Meggy: I can't see you!

???: Oh...you don't have the ability to see in the dark. That's dangerous you know.

Meggy: I'm pretty sure I am well aware of that.

???: You look like you can sort of see me at least.

Meggy: Yeah, of course I can. My eyes adjust to the dark a little bit.

???: So...you can see me?

Meggy: I know your about a foot tall?

???: Well...I know your about 5 feet tall.

Meggy: I'm five foot two.

???: Close enough. I can also see that you have pretty rugged orange hair.

Meggy: Normally it isn't this bad.

???: And you definitely smell weird.

Meggy: Haven't showered in over a week thanks to Traviere.

???: A week? I haven't had anything to bathe in for two years.

Meggy: That's how long you've been here?

???: I think so...or was it three years?

Meggy: However long you've been here, I'm sure your lonely in here.

???: Honestly...I think I am. I'm sure my people have pretty much forgotten me by now.