Chapter 6: Off Course

E. Gadd and the two guards stared out the front of the Quantum colony ship at the small solar system before them.  The planets seemed large enough to survive on, but they were so close together. It looked like they could barely fit their convoy if they lied in a horizontal row between the planets they were so close together.

E. Gadd: What the hell are we going to do here?

Chris: Maybe explore one of those planets? We might have to salvage some materials if we are going to repair our ship.

E. Gadd: You're right, Chris. (to swag) Swag?

Swag: Ye?

E. Gadd: Will you go and tell the passengers that we will be entering atmosphere in an hour?

Swag: Sure thing, Captain.

Swag does some salute and walks away, with his head held high like he was put into a very important position.

E. Gadd: (facepalming) Idiot...

Over in the Launch Seats, everyone was going hysterical over what they had just witnessed over the comms.

Mario: That was him! I told you! He's real! Traviere is real!

Luigi: Calm down Mario. It had to be...some sort of prank.

Mario: No, Luigi. This thing is really real! And he claims to live inside Meggy's mind.

Everyone turned their focus from Mario to Meggy who was getting very uneasy in her seat.

Meggy: (uneasy) I feel fine, guys. I don't feel like something is trying to take over my mind.

Boopkins: But that's exactly what this thing would want you to tell us!

Bob: wE nEed tO rEmOvE hEr fRoM tHe sHiP.

SMG4: Are you talking about throwing her out of the ship?

Tari: She needs to be secured into a closed room.

Mario: (in anger) NO!

Everyone goes quiet as Mario never spoke this loudly or aggressively.

Mario: (in anger) You will not lay a single finger on her. Do you hear me?

Saiko: But like you said, Mario, this thing is living in her head. She's dangerous to all of us.

Mario: Why aren't you defending her!? Have you all lost your minds already!?
It's only been 7 fucking days since we left!

SMG4: Mario, you need to calm yourself. It's not like we are going to throw her off the ship literally.

Meggy starts to quiver a bit at the thought of that and Mario could feel her hand grasping his.

Tari: I think we all should talk with E. Gadd in what to do.

Bowser: But she can't be thrown out or locked up just because she might have something in her mind.

Bob: HoW aBouT wE dO tHaT inSteAd?

Tari: What are you saying, Bob?

Bob: LeTs jUsT lOck hEr uP sOmeWhEre WhErE sHe cAnT hUrT uS.

Mario: No way!

Meggy: (starting to plead) Guys, seriously! There's nothing wrong with me! What does it take to prove it to you?

Meggy starts to feel a small presence near her, but when she looks, nothing is there. She heard the same voice that she heard from the comms earlier seemingly in her head.

Traviere: (in her mind) Kill him...while you have...the chance.

Meggy: (to self) No. I'm not killing anyone.