Chapter 7: A New Dawn

Desti stands perfectly still with her blaster pointed directly at the the couple. Mario and Meggy stood opposite her with their own weapons drawn, ready for a fight.

Desti: So this is what you've become, Meggy. You don't seem like the type to be interested in overweight Italians.

Meggy: I may not look the type, but he's my Italian. I like him, and no one will stop me.

Desti: Oh I'm not here to stop you, Meggy. I completely support you two on your relationship. What I am here for is revenge on you for humiliating me back in the streets that while ago.

Mario: We never humiliated you, we just kicked your ass.

Meggy: (laughs)

Desti: (aiming and firing weapon) Grrr..

A purple paint ball zooms through the air and hits Mario in the face, sending him backwards, making Meggy angry.

Meggy: No one shoots him!

She takes a stance and starts firing back at Desti. Desti whistled and her Octoposse came into view and began firing their own weapons, making it difficult for Meggy to concentrate. She could take on one, but four? Not so much.

Meggy: Red! We gotta get out of here!

Mario: (grunting from the paint) My ass hurts though, Meggy.

Meggy: (more sternly) Now!

Mario: Okay! Okay! I'm going!

The two start running and Desti watched them run away. One of her goons attempted to chase after them, but she stopped her before she could go further than five feet.

Desti: No...it's not worth it to chase them down. We've already got what they want.

Desti holds up the photo of them for her Octoposse to see.

Desti: I may support them, but Meggy doesn't quite deserve him. She can do better than that. Maybe a little pressure will break them apart.

The Octoposse begins to laugh from the threat she had made. Desti was now determined to exterminate their relationship for good.

-Princess Peach's Castle-

Mario and Meggy jumped out of the pipe that led to Inkopolis and ran up to the foyer. They were lucky that everyone was still back in the city. Mario doubled over to catch his breath from the long run they just had.

Mario: (winded) Don't...ever...make me do that again.

Meggy: I will try not to, Red. If that doesn't happen again that is.

The two went up to the foyer of the castle to see if anyone was there, they thought they heard someone up from the tower. It was probably Princess Peach going off on Toadsworth about Bowser trying to kidnap her again. Meggy then turned to Mario with a mischievous smile on her face.

Mario: (confused) Uh...Meggy? What's with that face?

Meggy: It doesn't seem like anyone is coming back for some time. Maybe we've got a little alone time.