Old School Part 1

Jake manurveured a robot carefully.

"Be careful" you said.

"You only get one shot at this" said Rosa.

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I saw the first fifteen minutes of The Hurt Locker" said Jake confidently.

"Hurry! The stench is too much" said Amy, motioning her hand to Scully's shoes.

"We gotta get those shoes outta of here" you said as the robot moved closer towards the shoes.

"How much time do we have?" asked Rosa. Charles checked his watch.

"Scully ate his pot pie 30 minutes ago, so we probably got ten minutes left on this nap" Jake said.

"12 if he's turkey tired" you mentioned.

"All right, come to papa" Jake said as the robot's grabber arm moved to pick up the shoes from under Scully's chair.

Scully's foot moved down from resting on his chair, landing on the grabber arm.

You groaned. "It's trapped. Abort mission."

"I have an idea" Charles said.

A few minutes later, Charles was barely visible as Jake placed the helmet of a bomb suit on his head. Charles slowly walked towards the shoes, and carefully picked up the shoes using a litter picking stick, before walking back to where everyone was waiting at a safe distance.

A while later, you and the rest of the squad were crouched outside of the precinct, Scully's shoes several meters away.

"Let's send these shoes to hell" said Jake, as you pressed a button and caused the shoes to blow up.

"Oh wait" Jake said.

"Yeah, just smells worse than before" you said.

"Oh..." said Amy as Rosa coughed.

"Ugh! Abort!" Jake said, running back into the precinct, soon followed by the rest of the squad.

You were sat at your desk when Amy walked into the precinct to see Jake sat at his desk.

"Woah. Why are you here before me? Am I asleep? Is this a dream?" asked Amy in confusion.

"He's early because Jimmy Brogan is here today" you said as Charles walked in with a tray of coffees for the squad. "Thanks" you said as you took your/coffee/order.

"Why do you care so much about some old reporter?" asked Rosa.

"Some old reporter? Is the sky just some big blue hat that the world wears?" Jake said.

"Technically, it is" you said.

"No. And no one has ever thought that" Rosa said.

"My point exactly. Jimmy Brogan wrote The Squad. About badass New York cops in the '70s" said Jake, picking up The Squad from his desk.

"It's the best book he's ever read" you said as if you'd heard it many times before, which you had.

"And I've read fifteen books" continued Jake.

"Fifty books is not a lot. Wait - you said fifteen?" Amy said.

"The Squad is what made me want to become a detective" announced Jake to you and Amy, the rest of the squad having gone to do their work.

"I thought Die-Hard did that" you said.

"That too. And it was my first book report" Jake said.

Jake explained what had happened. "Fun side note - I later lost my virginity to Mrs Stratton's daughter. It was very fast."

"Nice" you said.

-------------

Later, you and Jake were stood in Holt's office with Jimmy Brogan and Holt.

"Mr Brogan, these are Detectives L/n and Peralta" Holt said, gesturing to you and Jake.

"Mr Brogan, I am a huge fan of your book. Would you mind signing my copy?" said Jake.

"I'd love to. It's always nice to meet a fan" Brogan said.

"You can just make it out to 'Death Wish'. That's what everyone calls me, 'cause I'm always first through the door" said Jake as Brogan signed his book.

"You go through doors normally, and everyone calls you Pineapples" you said.

"My grandma calls me Pineapples, and I regret telling you that" said Jake. "Those New York cops from the '70s you wrote about were my idols. I mean, Gaminsky, Cavanaugh, Quigg."

"Those guys were the real deal. I once saw Gaminsky choke a hippy to death with his own ponytail" revealed Brogan.

"Isn't that illegal?" you asked.

"Love that" Jake said.

"Mr Brogan is writing an article about how Brooklyn detectives have changed in the thirty-five years since The Squad" said Holt. "He will be observing the two of you on your internet identity theft case. I hope Mr Brogan's presence doesn't prove to be distraction to you, Peralta."

"Distracted? Me? No, sir. Evil would love that. But I'm not giving evil the satisfaction. Not today" said Jake.

"Where's the can? I gotta unload" Brogan said.

"'Unload.' Great choice of words" said Jake.

"I'll show you, Mr Brogan" you offered.

Brogan nodded, and followed you out of the office and to the restroom.

Shameless self promo time. Basically, I started writing a Glee x Female Reader yesterday, and it goes through all seasons of Glee. The first few chapters are up now, so if you are a fan of Glee, you can go read that if you want. If you're not a fan of Glee, just ignore this and carry on reading. Thanks for all the reads and votes.