Christmas Part 2

You watched as Holt got into his car and was about to drive off when Jake ran behind the car, making himself visible in one of the mirrors. Sighing, you walked over.

Holt got out of his car.

"Captain ... Where do you think you're going?" asked Jake.

"I'm going home to work in peace" said Holt.

"That's a negative, Ice Veins. Changed your codename again" Jake said.

"Do you know why I chose you and l/n to be my security escort?" Holt asked.

"Because we're modern-day Sherlock Holmes?" said Jake.

"No, I chose you because the threat is not real. L/n was chosen because she would carry on doing proper detective work" said Holt. "And I thought that you'd have no problem breaking the rules and letting me get my work done. Now, let me go."

"Well, you thought wrong. You can't go home. It's protocol" said Jake, hands on his hips. "But if you really wanna get outta here, you can come to my mom's. She lives nearby. Or I can lock you up in the holding cell with an armed escort. Totally your call."

"Fine. We will go to your mother's house. I guess I am curious to see where ... this all started" said Holt.

"Shotgun" you said, walking away from the conversation and getting in the car.

----------------

After a quick drive to 'Jake's mom's', you, Jake and Holt walked into an apartment.

"So, this is Jake's mom's place" you said, opening the door and walking in.

"You can just throw your jacket in the closet" said Jake.

Holt opened the door. "That's a bathroom."

"Water closet. My mom's British" said Jake.

"Hmm. Why are there no photographs of you? No holiday decorations. Nothing but ... Motel art" said Holt suspiciously.

"Yeah" you said, sitting down at the table and pulling your phone out from your pocket.

"This isn't your mom's apartment" said Holt.

"It's a safe house, son! You've been protected" revealed Jake enthusiastically.

"Don't say 'son'" said Holt.

You looked up from your phone.

"Get out of my way" said Holt, walking towards the door.

"Look, you wouldn't stay at your desk and you evaded your protection detail. I'm sorry, but I've gotta order you to stay" you said.

"I love it when people give the Captain orders" Jake said happily.

"The only way you're gonna keep me here is if you physically stop me. Can you do that, Peralta?" said Holt.

Jake was silent. Holt walked past Jake, and as he did so, he put handcuffs around Holt's wrist and his own wrist, meaning that they were stuck together.

"Jordan" said Jake as the key fell through a grate in the floor.

"Ahh!" exclaimed Holt loudly.

"Oh, no. You're handcuffed together and we've lost the key" you said.

"Falconer 1 to HQ, Stone Eagle is in the cage. I repeat, Stone Eagle is in the cage" Jake said into his wrist.

----------------

"I told you the death threat was not serious. So what on Earth are you doing?" asked Holt.