The Chopper Part 2

You, Holt, Jake and Charles walked into Wuntch's office.

"Hello, Raymond. How do you like my new office? Twentieth floor" said Wuntch.

"Yes, I never thought I'd see you this high without a broom under you" said Holt.

"Enough niceties. Have a seat" said Wuntch.

You, Jake and Holt sat down, but Charles walked over to the window. "Thanks, but I'm actually fine standing. I could stay in these bad boys all day."

"So, two members of the Fulton Street Four have been murdered. Sounds like a big case" Wuntch said.

"No, it's actually the opposite. Pretty much an NBT sitch. No big thang" Jake said.

"The word is 'thing,' and the thing is big" said Holt. "We believe someone is after the missing twenty one million dollars, and solving the murders could lead us to the money."

"Sure, but that money's like twenty five years old. It's probably not even good anymore" you said. 

Charles fell into a seat. "Sorry. Cramped up."

"This is a very important case, Raymond, to me, and to the city of New York. I'm not sure the Nine-Nine has the resources to deal with something of this magnitude" Wuntch said.

"I understand the politics. This is a high profile case. Do what you must" Holt said.

"What I was going to say is, since you don't have the resources, I'll give you anything you need. The case is yours. You have my full support" said Wuntch.

"What?" asked Holt.

"He meant that more excited. Like, 'What!'" said Jake.

-------------------------------

"Okay, two of the Fulton Street Four are dead" said Jake, putting x's over the two dead members. "My hunch - One of them is killing off his co-scums so he can keep the money for his scum-self. We'll start with Reggie Bludsoe. He listed a Brooklyn address with his parole officer."

"We're gonna nail this son of a bitch" said Charles.

"Unless he's innocent" you said.

"Then we're gonna have the son of a bitch" said Charles.

"Either way, this case is gonna be awesome" Jake said.

Holt walked over. "Peralta, I'm putting myself on this investigation with you."

"What? Why?" asked Jake.

"Wuntch is up to something. There's only one reason why she would let us keep this case" said Holt.

"She took one look at me and said 'That's the guy I want flying my chopper'" said Jake.

"You know how to fly a chopper?" Charles asked.

"How hard could it be? It's just a big fan that goes in the sky" Jake answered.

"She let us keep this case because she wants us to fail. I'm coming along so that you don't waste time and resources turning this investigation into another Ron McClane movie" said Holt.

"Oh, you know it's John McClane" Jake said.

"I've made my decision. End of discussion" Holt said.

"All right, fine. But you're gonna have to take your own car. I signed out that drug dealer's Lamborghini from the impound. It only has three seats" Jake said, holding up the key.

"I saw that you had made that request. I changed it to a sensible sedan" said Holt.

"Okay, fine, but the sunroof stays open" you said.

"There is no sunroof" said Holt and walked off.

"Why did you even become a cop?" asked Jake.

--------------------------------

A man led you, Jake, Charles and Holt to Bludsoe's apartment.

"Bludsoe lives at the end of his hall" said the man.

"Hmm, I would have preferred an abandoned lighthouse or a dilapidated barn, but I can embellish it in my memoirs" said Jake.

"Oh, I can't wait to read that book. What are you going to call it?" said Charles. In a gravelly voice, Charles said "Go Ahead, Jake My Day."

"No, yours is much better" Jake said.

"What was yours?" you asked.

"Case Closed, Jake Open" said Jake.

"Wow" Charles said.

"I know. I said yours was better. Whatever. Let's just do this" Jake said.

You knocked on the door. "NYPD. Open up."

No answer.

Jake nodded at Charles, and the lock clicked open. You all walked into the apartment, guns pointing in all directions.

"Hey. Check it out" you said, pointing at the suitcase on the armchair.

"Half packed suitcase. Looks like Bludsoe was planning a trip until he got interrupted by someone" said Jake.

"Or something" said Charles.

"Like what?" asked Jake.

"I don't know, I just thought it would help the intrigue" Charles answered.

"It did" Jake said.

"That's enough chit chat already" said Holt.

Charles walked into the other rooms, and you began to look over the other side of the room.

"Come on, how many people have to get killed before you start having fun?" asked Jake.

"You do know it's our job to stop the killing, right?" asked Holt.

"Wait a second" said Jake, sniffing. "I think I smell a dead body." He carried on sniffing, until he saw the landlord. Jake cleared his throat. "Nope. My mistake."

You opened the empty wardrobe as Charles walked back into the main room.

"Wait! Don't close that. Look. Handprint" Jake said, shining his torch on a handprint on the back wall. "That's a fake wall."

You all aimed your guns at the wall.

"NYPD. Come out with your hands on your head" said Jake.

The fake wall opened to reveal Bludsoe. "Don't shoot! Don't shoot. He's trying to kill me!"