Johnny and Dora Part 3

You and Jake watched the package from behind a tree. Jake turned round to face you.

"Hey, seriously, we're cool, right?" asked Jake.

"Yeah, totally. We're fine" you said.

"Good" Jake said. "Gosh, you know, I'm actually a little bit hungry. I never ended up eating at that dumb fancy restaurant."

"You know what I'm getting on my way home?" you asked, smiling.

"Yeah, you're gonna go to the Polish place and get perogies, potato pancakes, and a cup of hot chocolate" said Jake.

"That's exactly what I'm gonna get" you said.

"Yeah. I will be having pizza, two slices of meat supreme from Tony's, served display temperature" Jake said.

"Meat supreme is a million red flags, and eating it cold is just insane" you said.

"No, no, no. It's not cold. It's display temperature" said Jake.

"Jake" you said.

"There's a difference, y/n" Jake said.

"No, Jake, he's looking at us" you said. "Well, this is happening."

"Huh?" asked Jake.

Y/n wrapped her arms around Jake's neck and kissed him, pushing him back into the tree.

Watching, the buyer picked up the bag and walked off towards you and Jake.

"NYPD! Freeze! We are police colleagues!" you shouted at him.

"You're under arrest. This is a work event" said Jake.

--------------------------

Jake walked into the briefing room where you were sitting.

"Hey, can you sign this arrest form for Augustine and the buyer?" he asked.

"Sure" you said, signing the form.

"Great" Jake said. "Man, I forgot how long it takes for you to sign something. I'm just gonna watch Braveheart on my phone real quick."

You laughed. 

"Given the circumstances, I could see how that might have seemed like flirty teasing or something, but I was legit being critical. You have a problem. No, even that sounded like banter now. All right, there's only one way out of this for me. I just got to get super cruel. Prepare to have your physical flaws pointed out, y/n" said Jake.

"Jake, it's okay" you said.

"Thank you" Jake said.

"This whole night was really weird" you said.

"I know. I just... Ugh. I want everything to go back to how it was, you know? It's so awkward" said Jake.

"Yeah."

"And you're right. We shouldn't date cops, 'cause we're a great team. We work great together. I don't want to mess that up" said Jake.

"Yeah, I don't want everything to change" you said.

"Yeah, me neither" Jake said.

"Okay, then that's that, Detective Peralta" you said.

Y/n handed Jake the files.

"Detective l/n. See you around the precinct" said Jake, leaving the room.

"Yep" you said.

------------------------

Holt walked out of his office. "Squad, if I could have your attention, please? I am being transferred to the public relations office. I'm leaving the Nine Nine effective immediately."

"What the hell?" asked Amy.

"I don't understand" said Jake.

"What the hell?" asked Amy.

"Why are you doing this?" you asked.

"What the hell?" Amy asked.

"I want to say it has been a pleasure to have worked alongside all of you for the past twenty one and a half months. I'm sorry for getting emotional" said Holt, looking round.

"A pretty consistent tone, actually" said Jake.

"These have been the - These have been the best years of my career" Holt said.

"Oh, no. This is new" said Jake.

"And I know that everyone of you gave me everything you had, and I will never forget it" said Holt.

"Go back to being robot captain" Jake said.

Holt laughed. "Meep morp. Zeet." He cleared his throat. "Dismissed."

Everyone watched as Holt walked through the bullpen, in shock.

Gina stood up, and took her badge off. "Sir! I'm coming with you."

"Thank you, Gina" said Holt.

"I'm also coming" said Scully, standing up.

"Not necessary" Holt said.

-----------------------

Jake walked into the evidence lock-up to see you standing there.

"Hey" said Jake.

"Hey" you said.

"Thought I might find you in here" said Jake.

"I just needed to process everything that's happened lately. I felt so bad for the captain" you said.

"So, how are you holding up?" asked Jake.

"I don't know. I'm still in shock. You?" you said.

"Um, basically handling it the way I dealt with my dad leaving, just by repressing the hell out of it" Jake said.

You nodded, and laughed. "So, a lot of change round here, huh?"

Jake put his hands round y/n's waist and kissed you. Y/n put her arms around his neck and y/n and Jake kissed for a few seconds, You broke apart, a bit in shock over what just happened.

"Hey, Jake, the new captain's here" said a random guy.

You followed Jake into the bullpen and stood outside the elevator with the squad.

"Who do you think it's gonna be?" asked Amy.

"I have no idea" Terry said.

"I bet it's me" said Hitchcock. "I just hope I'm ready."

"Wow" Rosa said.

"Come on, guys. I know you're sad, but let's do our best to make a good first impression here" Terry said.

"Smart. Good call. Jake, you be up front" said Charles.

The elevator door dinged.

"Okay, here we go" said Jake.

The door opened to reveal the new captain.