Charges and Specs Part 3

After Jake had got the pictures, you, Jake and Holt were now walking towards Jake's hearing.

"Aw, this is incredible. The account books have everything. Dates, names, dollar amounts. I can't wait to show this to Podolski. I should probably slip in a Miley-Cyrus-told-you-so face real quick" said Jake, looking through the pictures and then taking a quick selfie. "It's hard to do on the move."

From behind you, Holt hung up his phone. "Peralta, wait. L/n, give us a minute."

You walked off, leaving Holt and Jake alone.

-------------

Jake was sitting by his car when you walked over.

"Jake. What happened? Did Holt ask you to get suspended?" you asked.

"No, he told me to get fired" answered Jake.

"Why?" you asked.

"I don't know. I'm kind of freaking out. He said to do it, and the next thing I knew, I was just yelling" Jake explained.

"Oh, my God" you said, horrified.

"Peralta!" said Holt, walking over followed by several men.

"Hey. What's going on?" asked Jake.

"This is Special Agent Clarke with the FBI" Holt replied.

"We couldn't let you expose Lucas Wint. It would have compromised a much larger ongoing federal investigation" said Clarke. "We believe that Wint has ties to the Ianucci crime family. We needed you to get fired for real because the Ianucci's have moles inside the NYPD, and we need them to trust you. Detective, we'd like you to go undercover and help us with the investigation."

"Okay, the answer is yes. The details are: My name is Duncan Buck. I was raised on an oil rig by ninety men and one prostitute" Jake said.

"We'd like you to be yourself. This could be very dangerous. So please, take some time and -" said Clarke.

"No need. I'm in. Eyes closed, head first, can't lose" Jake said.

"I don't think that's the expression" Holt said.

"Can you just let me have this?" asked Jake.

---------------

Later that day in Holt's office, the entire squad was standing around, watching Holt walk around the room after closing the blinds to sit down at his desk.

"What I'm about to tell you cannot leave this room. Detective Peralta will be going in an undercover assignment with the FBI. His cover story was that he got fired" Holt said.

"Oh, my God. My heart just threw up" said Charles.

"Look, they're saying this assignment will last about six months, so while I'm gone, Boyle, I want you to have my desk" said Jake.

"I'll sit at it always" Charles said.

"Rosa, you can have my locker. Amy, you can have all of my open cases. Y/n -" said Jake.

"Okay, that's enough. Peralta doesn't have the authority to do any of this. You will all sit at your own desk and work the cases I assign you" Holt said. "But, you will be missed."

"Thank you, Captain" said Jake.

"Thank you for trusting me. Now call us all names and storm out of here for the benefit of the bullpen" Holt said.

Jake sighed happily. "This is the best day ever. I'll miss you guys." Jake cleared his throat and began to yell: "And your mother! And your mother! You're all a bunch of pigs! I smell bacon! And guess what else, 'Captain'? You can take this tie and shove it straight into your hellhole." Jake threw the tie at Captain Holt. "This whole place reeks of bacon. And guess what? I'm going kosher. 'Cause Jakey don't dig on swine! Whoo!"

---------------

Jake walked out of the precinct carrying his stuff just as you were getting into your car. "Y/n? Hey, thought I'd miss you."

"Hey, Jake. Amazing assignment. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous" you said.

"Really? Well, if you want, I could help you get fired. I'm really good at it" said Jake, and you laughed.

"This is real. This is happening" you said.

Jake chuckled nervously. "Look - um, I don't wanna be a jerk. I know you're dating Elliot, and it's going really well. It's just..."

"What's going on?" you asked.

"I don't know what's gonna happen on this assignment. And if something bad goes down, I think I'd be pissed at myself if I didn't say this. I kinda wish something could happen between us, romantic-styles.  And I know it can't 'cause you're with Elliot and I'm going undercover, and that's just how it is, but - Anyway, we're not supposed to have any contact, so I should go. America needs me. Bye" Jake said, walking off, leaving you very confused.